Our Story of the Honda Quest 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure

It was over. It was now the unpleasant little chore of getting home and having to deal with queues, bureaucracy and, dammit! not being on my #12 bike in the desert. I was missing it deeply already. We were spread across 3 tables in the Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek (this becomes important much later in the story….) drinking beer and filling up on burgers so generously paid for by Hardy. At that moment, it occurred to me that though I’ve spent many years with others, I had seldom felt more connected to and familiar with the bunch sitting around me who just 12 days before, where absolute strangers.

Funny how that works?

I also knew that this was temporary. Life would get in the way and though we will meet again, I’m sure, we will never all be all in that moment. So I proposed a last collective task; “let’s write a collective ride report. Someplace where when we’re grey and old… ok, greyer and older, see the photo’s and we can read back about this time. Also, I know many others would love to know what actually happened”

And so, here it is. I am pretty certain this is going to take us a while, but that’s just fine by me. Also, there are some of the crew who no doubt will add their 10c too.

I can’t wait.

Each day will be written about by the participants and only once all those who wish to contribute have completed that day will we start the next day. The sections will be;

Getting to Windhoek
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11