oh look.. a ride report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
I was not going to do a ride report mainly since I am lazy, and I mostly take in view, and end up forgetting to stop to take photographs.
I ended up taking a couple of snaps, and thought I may be able to hammer some semblance of a report together.
I was extended an invitation to stay a couple of nights in Sedgefield, with some friends. I graciously accepted, with a bit of an angle: In stead of me flying down, I take a bit of a roadtrip with the bike.
Now, as with Ride report writing, my planning is up to shite. I did however, in the early onset of my trip planning (using that word very loosely) find a place near Gariep dam, that seemed to fit my budget. I was initially wanting to camp, but the thought became very distant very quickly when I started making my packing list.
Come Thursday morning, I drop the kids off at school, and eventually set off at 10:45am, destination Gariep.
I decided to slab it as I got away a little late.
Temperatures quickly started climbing when I crossed the vaal, and before I knew it, I was reading 35degrees on the bike display.
After my fuel stop in Bloemfontein, an easterly wind, made the highway interesting to say the least.
A nature stop just after bloem, Hot and Windy. And the temperatures as well…

Attachments

• SD002.jpg
    SD002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 566