Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Agterpaardeberg CT chapter 2  (Read 1435 times)

Oppad

Agterpaardeberg CT chapter 2
« on: February 06, 2006, 10:04:38 am »
Guys, I'm starting an additional thread on Saturday's ride with some more pics. Too many pics on a single thread can get to be a mission with a slow connection.

As mentioned in the first thread it was a helluva lekker ride and we all got to meet some surprisingly nice people (mmm, yes are you including yourself here, Sot?). A few highlights:

That red Ducati that came storming past on the tar and then braking abruptly as the road unexpectedly turned to dust. It was a perfect ad for the ds way of travel. Just imagine a pic/video of these 6 ds bikes coming past, the guy on the Ducati just sitting there, looking a bit forlorn with a huge caption: The fun starts here!

Kiler's TransAlp buddy (sorry, whatsisname again, cool guy?) who went on his very first dirt ride. Understandably nervous at first, the magic moment eventually arrived when he could feel the bike, himself and the road feeding on each other. Suddenly there he was, spinning the rear wheel,  growing larger in the rear view mirror and whooping with delight. Make way, make way, another ds rider is born!

Lito's bike which is indeed a thing of beauty. If you call a KTM by any other name warra warra.... Seriously, I have seldom before seen such a mean looking mother, such a perfect looking tool for a mean job. The crash bars work fine too.

A nice mix of bikes (Transalp, KTM and KLR's) with nary a hint of being better than the Joneses. Oh yes, the Joneses (GS riders)  were apparently having discussions elsewhere. We trust they'll join up for a next time?

Pics to follow:

Oppad

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:20:36 am »
The pics:

Lito looking for damage after the wind zapped the KTM in the parking area where we met. Droffarc looks interested too

Ruiter in Swart a.k.a. Lito a.k.a. Rough Rider shows there's not much the matter with the Katoom

Now don't go there. Some of us did and there was a bit of confusion for a while

Accton holding forth during one of many smoke and kakpraat sessions. Just look at the attentive listeners.

Siembamba, pappa se seuntjie. KiLeRsa feeds his buddy

Accton ups his tyre pressure, courtesy of the mobile KLR compression station as an inquisitive peacock looks on

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• http://tigerr.smugmug.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:49:57 pm »
Sweet Sotkop

Dit was n blerrie lekker ry report. Lekker pics... now, wheres the ladies fine butt? :twisted:
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Oppad

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 01:56:43 pm »
Quote from: "LiveInTheOutdoors"
Sweet Sotkop

Dit was n blerrie lekker ry report. Lekker pics... now, wheres the ladies fine butt? :twisted:

Sorry man, I think she was starting to realise that the butt was becoming the subject of some serious  ogling. Could'nt get the lens around corners for a nice pic. Next time...

Offline accton

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:56:26 am »
Cool pics Dudes, and thanks for a greaaat ride this weekend, next time Grabouw.

It was so cool to meat you all and get to know the real people we talk to on this site
hat you believe will depend very much on what you are.

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 12:00:40 pm »
:D I laaik Ruiter in Swart.  Lito, me thinks we will call you that in future :D

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 03:14:13 pm »
Quote from: "accton"

It was so cool to meat you all

accton, apologies, but i just could not resist :twisted:  i know it's called the fairest cape, but maybe it should change to the 'fariest' cape? :twisted:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 03:19:41 pm »
For the record nobody meat me, some did met met though....  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

H

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• http://tigerr.smugmug.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 06:55:22 pm »
Quote from: "KiLeRSA"
For the record nobody meat me, some did met met though....  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

H

i think you both cocked it up.

talk about meat and great
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 09:55:12 pm »
Hey RIS I smaak your bike stukkend boet, dis darem 'n damn duidelike KTM daai :D By next year this time it might be worth for me and Lootch to come down to SA for the 1st annual Adventure Riders Network bash :geek:

I am sure we can convince the wife's its for a good cause :scratch:

Daars dit nou die saaitjie geplant, nou kan ek Simpsons verder gaan kyk.... 8)
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.