Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Advice please - handling of tax on rental income if leaving the country?  (Read 1335 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kalahariben

Hi all

I need some tax advice please: Iím leaving the country next month (3 year contract), am am going to rent out my house.

What is the best avenue to route this money from a tax point of view?

- Pay directly into an annuity?
- Open some sort of off-shore account via a local bank?
- Transfer into an international bank account once per month?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:10:19 am by kalahariben »

Offline Heimer

  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 13,284
  • Thanked: 246 times
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
Have them pay you in bitcoins

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith


How about buying another property?  Can the bond be deducted from the rental income?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:51:48 am by SlŠinte Mhaith »

Offline ROOI

  • Race Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 3,339
  • Thanked: 23 times
  • KTM 990 S KTM 500 EXC AKA Red Rider
Contact your buddy in AUS and find out what he does ?