2 stroke crank seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilrie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
how to test for a leaking crank seals. I took my kdx 250 sr to the local bike shop in Kathu to do the carb jetting for me as I did not want to buy more than one or 2 jets to figure out where the jetting is supposed to be. They said they could not get it right snd that there is some blow-by at the piston and they need to change the piston and rings. I was sceptical about it but thought that I might as well pay and do the piston and rings as then I know it is sorted. They phoned again saying they still cant get the jetting correct , the bike is sputtering at high revs when it needs to rev out. They state it is the crank seals, I asked the guy how he did ther jetting and he told me he got a list of bikes at this height above sea level so a 165 main jet was installed. the bike had a 148 main when I got it and it ran good. I installed one new side valve of the kips power valve as the gear teeth on it  was strpped and then it did not perform as previously. Sorry for the long story but I think the mechanic of the shop knows as much as I do or less.