My time to brag a little ... my KTM 950 SM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Howzit

Julian (also known as wrench on this very forum) at Superbike Solutions cleaned, balanced and rejetted the carbs on my 2005 KTM 950 SM and got it all perfect on his dyno

The cars were dirty and gunged up - this was to be expected - the bike has only done just over 6 000 km in 12 years ... very little mileage and must have stood for long periods with vrot fuel in it

Bike was misfiring and very lumpy at idle beforehand ... also had an ugly flat spot higher up - super silky smooth and very responsive now and feels more powerful too (and is definitely faster - my bum says so)

Std rated power is 98 hp and torque of 95 Nm - see here https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ktm/ktm_rc8_950_supermoto%2005.htm

After Julian weaved his magic wand my bike now makes 106 hp and 98 Nm ... these figures are on the back wheel ... and with dB killers in.

Julian told me he sees between 10 - 15 hp gains on 1000 cc bikes when dB killers are removed - I appreciate that this is on super high revving in-line 4 cylinder bikes and not on an old v-twin KTM ... but realistically I know I  could expect another 7 - 8 hp if I removed the dB killers, but at the sacrifice of very big noise which I don't like

If any of you reading this own older carb fed bikes that you feel are not performing as they should then I highly recommend you give Julian a shout

I'm super chuffed with this bike ... it handles well, stops well, wheelies lekker, looks good ... (and to steal the phrase I read recently from another WD) it fucks off like a stabbed rat

Attachments

• Dyno Graph.jpg
    Dyno Graph.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 425