howzit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Hi guys,
completely new to the forum and didn't actually know that it existed until I met up with Schalk Van der Merve to buy his book and engage in a really interesting chat about his journey from CT to Cairo and back.
so he's lived the dream and I want to too. :laughing4: :laughing4:
Ive been riding bikes all my life; Honda cb 400, Honda cb 750, Yamaha virago, fjr 1300, xjr 1300, bmw 1600gt, explorer 1200, explorer 800, Vmax gen 2 1700, and my current stable is a  bmw 1200rt, Suzuki 1400 gsx (x2) and a zrx1300r.......offroader to follow ....just not sure which one yet!!

I would really like to do some rides through Africa and would love the opportunity to join someone or some group some time next year who are wanting do the same thing and wouldn't mind me tagging along.
I've done some off-road riding in the Thule block in bots and locally here in JHB but I wouldn't say im an expert in this area by any means and would prefer more tar than dirt if I'm honest.
congratulations on the forum guys ive been reading all the stories and its very impressive  ^-^ ^-^