Indicators and Hazard Issues? (PROBLEM SOLVED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLovin

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Iv'e recently had Yamaha LED indicators installed by someone on my 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere..

Firstly just to clarify: I'm not putting any blame on the guy who did the install for me. He's done other electrical jobs on my bike and i trust that he knows what he's doing.

Now back to my issue: The day i had the indicators installed, on my way home i realized that my hazards would sometimes not turn on when i push the switch in.
I informed the installer and because it was late in the day and i live far away i told him i'll watch it a while and see what happens.

Now a bit more than a month later. The hazards keeps randomly not working and a few times Ive found that nothing would work, not even the normal indicators. And when that issue happens id have the switch the bike off and on (sometimes more than once) to get everything to work again.

My bike has been at the installer now for a few days, and he is sure that the problem is actually at the hazard switch and that its just a coincidence that the problem happened on the same day that he installed the indicators.

So my only way to eliminate the switch as a potential problem is to buy a new hazard switch.

Before i do that i first wanted to hear if any other S10 owners has ever had any issues with their indicators and/or hazards?