KTM, what have you done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miks

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I test rode a new 1090 Adventure R this week and got off the bike feeling like I had to own one.
It's roughly the same size and weight as my F800GS but feels lighter, carries more fuel ....and the extra power had me hooked.  :eek:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my GS, I commute daily and offroad every other weekend. It's reliable, does what I need it to do and maintaining the bike is very affordable, but my head is busy thinking KTM now. 

So.. if this were to happen I'd wait for next year when demo's etc become available but now I'm looking at KTM's and realizing I don't know a lot and that there are other options.

Please can the orange army help me with some info:
- how different is a 1090 adventure R from last years 1190 adventure R? 2016 bikes will be better priced
- long term ownership and reliability? Are these bikes good for 60k km's (expected ownership)
- Are heated grips a thing for these bikes?
- what to look out for when looking at bikes?

I have been doing some online searching but would value the feedback of people in the KTM clan!

[member=16899]Roadhawg[/member] has already told me it's a great idea  :ricky: