Taking laaites camping...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
A while ago Lootch was working on his Africa Twin in my shed and the topic came up about spending more time with your kids or trying too. As I don't have kids...yet  :biggrin: .........said let's get all our friends with boys and organise a night out camping. The boys are only between 3 and 5 years old so should be great for them even if we drive around the block a couple of times and then camp in a park  ;)

Christo did some legwork in the week and found a lekker camping place about 35 miles away where you can even make a bonfire. Now you would think nothing off it but these english okes are kak bang when it comes to fire, something about London or something burning down a few centuries ago not sure but anyhow this is where we want to be  :thumleft:

As Mrs Maverick is working tomorrow and Monday no chance of me getting the car...damn....or maybe hot damn  :patch: So grabbed the camera, GPS and beer (it is for medicenal purposes  :deal: )

357324577_QxJDn-M.jpg

I push the hack out of the shed and tighten the rear wheel nut as there has been play now since I last replaced the wheel bearings. Just never get around actually doing anything to it or on it.

357325087_TH2GZ-M.jpg

Now for those wondering WTF is a hack....

357325579_FnQuK-M.jpg

I get all the camping stuff out I normally take plus some additional stuff for breakfeast etc...

Skottlebraai - Check
Tent - Check
Camping Chair - Check
Gas Bottle - Check
Self Inflating Matresses - Check
MSR Stove for coffee - Check
Sleeping Bag - Check
Water Can - Check
Dog - Check  :biggrin:

Bella is slightly bemused with all the stuff going on and wonder what am I up to now as normally when the hack is started up she is going somewhere to play

Are we nearly there yet

357326525_ufPhZ-M.jpg

I fit my GPS V on the outfit as my speedometer records the mileage but the calender does not go over 20 mph  ::) At least now I will be able to fly like the wind and see how fast it is  :ricky:

357326959_bYaPn-M.jpg

The trunk get's packed with wood...lots of it, doubt they will be happy if we start pulling a tree stump towards out fire pit

357327441_dCo3x-M.jpg

Amazingly with this it takes me the best of 5 minutes to pack, maybe this is the way forward adventure riding  :eek7:

357328005_Ku7qb-M.jpg

If anybody wants to know why I dislike Vespa's severly observe closely the silver mark on my tank, a Vespa was on the bike ramped and launched itself off onto the sidecar. Needless to say I was not fecking impressed  :dousing:

357328580_nTXqv-M.jpg

Right finished my beer, bike packed and ready to roll tomorrow. More pics to follow hopefully of what happens on the mud island on a long weekend in August  :lamer:

357329058_3LghR-M.jpg