Back brake pulsating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureBoy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Evening everyone
This last weekend I did the NDBA on my Africa Twin without any issues. I got a new set of boots, which have a much thicker sole than my previous boots, which led to a few challenges. One of them was that its very easy to push the back brake without knowing it. I have adjusted the back brake pedal down a bit.

Since the ride I have noticed that the back brake has developed a pulsating action when braking. It feels to me like the ABS is kicking in. I have tried the brake with the ABS switched off and get the same result. I also feel that the back brake is not as effective as it was. While the ABS was off I did an emergency stop on the tar and the wheel did lock up, but I feel that I had to apply extra pressure to the pedal than I used to. I took the pads out and they still have lots of life. They were replaced about 4000 km ago. I generally ride cautiously, so no heavy braking etc. I have visually inspected the discs and they do not seem to be worn, although measuring them would be more accurate.

Any ideas on how to resolve this as I am not confident that the brakes are operating at their optimal.

Thanks in advance for the advise.