Price of new bikes - is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So this is something i like to keep tabs on...pricing differentials between bikes I would like to own....but it seems to me as if the world is going mad...or is it just me?  So killing some time at the office I went on the manufacturers website and came up with the following new bike prices (low-high):

BMW F800GSA R175k
KTM 1090R R182k
Honda CRF1000 A/T R186k
KTM 1290R R217k
BMW 1200GSA R252k

I love my 800GSA but if I had to buy new (and price was my primary consideration) then the decision has to go the way of the Honda or the 1090 because I think both are technologically 'newer' than the 800.  I cannot convince myself that the 1290R would be a significantly 'better' bike for Joe Average than, say the 1090R which you could bling up seriously with the R35k saving over its big brother.  As for the 1200GSA - fantastic machine - but that price makes my eyes water....the 1290R must surely make more sense...Ok, this is a really rubbish thread and my rambling excuse at trying to find the 'best' bike is actually a waste of time...analysis paralysis never my strong point but I'm bored....time for coffee....