Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM 790 ADVENTURE  (Read 54177 times)

Offline Kelevra

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: KTM 790 ADVENTURE
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »
The third ugliest bike after the HP2 and the 640. Looks like the illegitimate groupie/orgy hate child between a praying mantis, grasshopper and Kymco gomoto bigboy whatnot. Can they not get the Italians involved, just not the guy responsible for the Ducati 999 please.

The 999 was designed by Terblanche, the SA designer that worked for Ducati as far as I recall.... Yes I also didnt really like it but love the other Dukes.
But having said that i think this 790 is very sexy!

Yip, I think he also did a multistrada or something. The thing that gets me is the light/instrument cluster that looks like an afterthought slap-on, separate from the bike. I guess its practical and done for a reason.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:24:03 pm by Kelevra »
Previous:
Suzuki DR 600 KTM 640 ADV  KTM 530 XCRW KTM 530 EXC Ducati 748 Ducati 1098
Current:
Honda XR 200R KTM 690 KTM 990 ADV R

Offline Dirt Junkie

• I talk less and ride more than a
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2017, 01:40:13 pm »
Something to think about...
When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept your it. All else is madness.

KTM 640 adv,  Aprilia RS 250, Yamaha YZ450F, 2014 KTM 690, 2010 KTM 690R, 2011 BMW F800GS, Yamaha XT600E , 2012 KTM 250 SX-F , KTM 400 EXC, Kawasaki  KLR650, Honda 125 estorm

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »
Priced correctly and taking into consideration class, market segment, DNA and aspirational value it's gonna attract a whole lot of riders irrespective of current brands & motor size you already have
It might just devour into others market share
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Fransw

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2017, 06:56:14 pm »
Priced correctly and taking into consideration class, market segment, DNA and aspirational value it's gonna attract a whole lot of riders irrespective of current brands & motor size you already have
It might just devour into others market share

Yes, but only in 2019! :xxbah:

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »
"rediscover true adventure" - How original !!!  ::) ::) ::)
Guess the AT really rocked KTM's boat a huge bit ...  :imaposer:

:laughing4:  Which planet do you reside in, is it at least in our Galaxy?
So you’re saying KTM stole the terrm “True Adventure” from Honda, what exactly does that prove? That KTM isn’t original :lol8:

Please explain in detail how the AT rocked KTM’s boat. Has it sold more units for a given year? Is it lighter? Is it more powerful? Does it have a better power-to-weight? Has it been proven to be more reliable? Does it have superior suspension? Is it a “cooler” bike? Does it have better quality instrumentation and dashboards? Is the switchgear better quality? Does it have a catalogue of Honda powerparts to choose from?

And lastly how much time have you spent on an AT and 1190R/1290R to come to that conclusion - And I’m not talking about commuting ???

Yes, it's well known that the KTM's is useless for commuting with their exhaust-heated seats. ;) Renrew, you seem to suffer from fried balls. :pot:

Offline Renrew

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Fcuk’em
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2017, 07:10:00 pm »
"rediscover true adventure" - How original !!!  ::) ::) ::)
Guess the AT really rocked KTM's boat a huge bit ...  :imaposer:

:laughing4:  Which planet do you reside in, is it at least in our Galaxy?
So you’re saying KTM stole the terrm “True Adventure” from Honda, what exactly does that prove? That KTM isn’t original :lol8:

Please explain in detail how the AT rocked KTM’s boat. Has it sold more units for a given year? Is it lighter? Is it more powerful? Does it have a better power-to-weight? Has it been proven to be more reliable? Does it have superior suspension? Is it a “cooler” bike? Does it have better quality instrumentation and dashboards? Is the switchgear better quality? Does it have a catalogue of Honda powerparts to choose from?

And lastly how much time have you spent on an AT and 1190R/1290R to come to that conclusion - And I’m not talking about commuting ???

Yes, it's well known that the KTM's is useless for commuting with their exhaust-heated seats. ;) Renrew, you seem to suffer from fried balls. :pot:

LOL

My balls are already on fire, exhaust only cools it ;)
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »
 :laughing4:

True KTM rider, quick on the draw. :thumleft:

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »
So @XRRX /Houdini - Every time you pull a move/statement you disappear when someone calls you out... then it’s off to the next bull statement.

In all seriousness, please bestow onto us mortals your pearls of wisdom :sip: I wait in anticipation for your “rhetoric”

I should probably just leave it, just now he runs to a mod again for hurting his feelings, but I can’t resist :pot:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:44:39 pm by Renrew »
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2017, 08:00:20 pm »
Lovely bike, by the pics  :thumleft: Guaranteed its biggest assets will not be its " perfect paint job...and near perfect switch gear...and carrying its well distributed weight in perfect harmony with the rider....",  but rather  " powerful engine...superb suspension....cracking geometry....and razor sharp handling "

Offline RedWolf

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »
I absolutely love Honda, but I love KTM more!

I LOVE the 790!!!!
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2017, 08:13:30 pm »
The KTM 790 will not only devour other brands bikes sales (as usual), but will cannibalize some KTM model sales. It can be THAT good.

Lets see: 180-190kg’s, 100+ hp and 275mm suspension travel (speculated) with razor handling - You’d be mental not to buy it.

I’d go so far as to say I’d sell all my bikes if I had to and only have that bike. Ok, not really but you get the point :lol8:
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2017, 08:42:48 pm »
I do believe the AT1000 rattled a few cages.

Another point is that the old AT650/750's have legend status, and this coupled to real reliability and holding value for a long time, appeals to many buyers.

The new AT, especially the "autobox" model, is making friends wherever it goes.

Renrew, it does not look good when you have to try and beat up legends to make the 790 seem great. I am sure it would be able to carry itself. :ricky:

But then again, the 790 adv only seem to be going to arrive here in 2019, it could turn out to be a crock'o' shite. ;), with a problematic engine, or Sachs forks. >:D

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2017, 09:05:24 pm »
I do believe the AT1000 rattled a few cages.

Another point is that the old AT650/750's have legend status, and this coupled to real reliability and holding value for a long time, appeals to many buyers.

The new AT, especially the "autobox" model, is making friends wherever it goes.

Renrew, it does not look good when you have to try and beat up legends to make the 790 seem great. I am sure it would be able to carry itself. :ricky:

But then again, the 790 adv only seem to be going to arrive here in 2019, it could turn out to be a crock'o' shite. ;), with a problematic engine, or Sachs forks. >:D

I don’t try beat up legends, the CRF1000L is not a legend. And it’s predecessors might be “legends” but that means nothing and jt was AGES ago. Nothing I say will make the 790 look good, it will be what it will be. Most likely a fucking ripper piece of kit, but yeah, who knows.

I wasn’t referring to the 19foertsek AT - I was referring to the CRF1000L. All manufacturers have legend bikes and it does not by proxy mean they only make legend bikes and will again make a legend bike. Fortunately for KTM, most of their bikes take no prisoners except a little dust here and there :lol8:

To your point of what looks good - It does not look good if a lost sole blasts statements of grandiosity with zero relevant experience, zero factual validity and even less in-depth knowledge of the topic. (not referring to you).

In truth I don’t think KTM even pay any attention to the  CRF1k, it’s an average bike, but a good kind of average nevertheless ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:08:03 pm by Renrew »
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2017, 09:10:10 pm »
There is a distinct possibility it might turn out to be a softcock bike like what the T7 is turning out to be. Ok, not quite that soft, but close ;) :pot:
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2017, 09:21:19 pm »
Lovely bike, by the pics  :thumleft: Guaranteed its biggest assets will not be its " perfect paint job...and near perfect switch gear...and carrying its well distributed weight in perfect harmony with the rider....",  but rather  " powerful engine...superb suspension....cracking geometry....and razor sharp handling "

Switchgear - Have you seen/felt the CRF1k switchgear? Makes me think of a bigboy crosswd with a s10. And the instrumentation cluster looks like a cheap toy.

Weight - You talking about weight distr of the bike? KTM big bikes are renowned for their impeccable ergo’s and geo/weight distr...

Or am I misunderstanding you?  :o

I must say though - I’m not into the whole fighter jet, sharp lines vibe of the 790 Tank shrouds, maybe it’ll grow on me. Sure, for the SD it works, but for this bike... Don’t know.
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

The following users thanked this post: Grant650x

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2017, 09:22:41 pm »

Switchgear - Have you seen/felt the CRF1k switchgear? Makes me think of a bigboy crosswd with a s10. And the instrumentation cluster looks like a cheap toy.

Weight - You talking about weight distr of the bike? KTM big bikes are renowned for their impeccable ergo’s and geo/weight distr...

Chill china...read properly and understand  ;)

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »
The fact that a whole bunch of AT1000's just did Kaokoland, without a single hiccup, makes it legend already.

KTM's are indeed sharp tools, but they are for around the kospotte, can't go wandering too far from the parts counter.

And I say that as a guy who likes KTM's, but just don't like their shit they give.

KTM needs assist more than BMW.

The AT1000 do not need to pretend it's a Dakar winner.

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:40 pm »

Chill china...read properly and understand  ;)

I’m super chilled - I listened properly :lol8:

The “NOT” makes it read like you it won’t be known for x,y,z - hence why I thought I might be misunderstanding what you tried to say :thumleft:

We concur :3some:
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
I would hate to see the 690 single pot replaced by this...do you think it will happen? Maybe KTM drops the 690 & Husky keeps the 701?
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Renrew

• Fcuk’em
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »
The fact that a whole bunch of AT1000's just did Kaokoland, without a single hiccup, makes it legend already.

KTM's are indeed sharp tools, but they are for around the kospotte, can't go wandering too far from the parts counter.

And I say that as a guy who likes KTM's, but just don't like their shit they give.

KTM needs assist more than BMW.

The AT1000 do not need to pretend it's a Dakar winner.
[/quote

I’m afraid our requirements for legendary are worlds apart. A sinical man like yourself should look a bit deeper into that Kaokoland statement.

I think your perception of KTM is skewed Dan, I really mean it. You had a kak experience and now you’re generalising. I’ve had ZERO kak with any of my bikes and I’ve had too many to mention and ridden them HARD and long. Sure, I haven’t taken them on a 4 week tour through Angola...

KTM will continue to steal AT/Honda customers, but Honda will very seldomly get KTM customers!

How many  CRF1k’s are there and how many 990’s,1090’,1190’s and 1290’s are there? You realise the sample is massiviely disproportional when making your statement of how reliable they are... shat’s more, any of the above bikes listed (spanning many years and 4 different models) would nail the AT :pot:
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W