Crf 250 rally on serious off road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Well I know not many of you guys have these bikes yet but I just wanted to let everyone know that they are very capable machines off road. My good mate 2 Chops and I recently decided we wanted smaller adventure bikes and sold our big beastys and bought 2 crf250 rallys and all I can say is wow. If you are looking for a cross between a plastic bike and adventure bike this is it. We just came back from the Richmond rally with all the plastic bikes up in the high mountains round Graaf Reinet. Must say some of the loose near vertical rocky sections terrified me as I'm not great at the technical riding but to everyone's horror (the dudes on the plastic bikes that is)  the crf250 rallys went everywhere they did . Obviously the rallys are alot heavier than a plastic bike so I did drop it a few times but at least I can pic it up again with ease. Some of the mountains we went over climbed 1500m on knarly loose 4x4 tracks and these bikes just cruised up them. What an awesome motor well done to Honda the 250 is super smooth and  revs freely giving you a very usable power range with great torque for a 250. The abs it a dream to use never once felt I was not going to stop and never even came close to loosing the front end. Fuel consumption was a dream we rode the whole day on a third of a tank and the seat is pretty comfy too. All in all a great bike and I'm looking forward to some adventure riding now I know what the rally is capable of. So if you thinking of buying one you won't be disappointed