Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: A Dirty Wild Dog Rides to God's Country to Visit Da Yoopers, Eh.  (Read 34178 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: A Dirty Wild Dog Rides to God's Country to Visit Da Yoopers, Eh.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 01:25:50 pm »

You may laugh at the types of food I enjoy.

That looks damn fine, if I might say!!!

:thumleft:

Without a doubt, they are delicious.  I like them when they've been prepared with a ridiculous amount of pepper and seasoning.

There are different ways to eat them.  Some folks squeeze the head while sucking the brains and juices, some don't suck.  I am a head sucker.  Wait  :scratch:, that didn't sound right.  I suck the head of a crawfish to taste the delicious brains and juices.  Yeah, that sounds better  :imaposer:

A video on how to eat them.  I eat them using the same method as the man displays from :56-1:30, but I dip the meat in hot melted butter or shrimp sauce before eating.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:33:14 pm by big oil »
Iím da Yooper, eh and I like to party...

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 01:31:12 pm »
I wonder if we have anything like Crawfish here in SA....?

Seem to remember i have seen some somewhere..... Eestern Cape maybe? Anyone?
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »

Without a doubt, they are delicious.  I like them when they've been prepared with a ridiculous amount of pepper and seasoning.

There are different ways to eat them.  Some folks squeeze the head while sucking the brains and juices, some don't suck.  I am a head sucker.  Wait  :scratch:, that didn't sound right.  I suck the head of a crawfish to taste the delicious brains and juices.  Yeah, that sounds better  :imaposer:

A video on how to eat them.  I eat them using the same method as the man displays from :56-1:30, but I dip the meat in hot melted butter or shrimp sauce before eating.
We get red taters here now as well. All these peculiar fruits 'n veggies are showing up on our virgin shores...  :eek7:
You should eat some sheep's head when you visit South Africa :thumleft:
Which means a visit to @VaalBaas in Gouda - I think he's the head sheep-head sucker in SA  :pot:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Offshore

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 02:15:29 pm »
I am in

The following users thanked this post: big oil

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2017, 02:50:31 pm »
Hey James, we know you new here. We don't mind someone swearing at us, calling us names, being rude etc, its a forim, but you stall on n RR we get really anxious for our daily fix. :deal:

I'm trying.  I'm very indecisive by nature, I'm trying to figure out how to begin the report. Plus I have writers block.  Bear with me  :ricky:
You start at home and remember you being a foreigner you are allowed to posts tits without any consequinces. :peepwall: ;) >:D

I think the problem is not whether 'foreigners' are allowed to post titties, it's that we local forum readers are not allowed to see them!  :xxbah:

Offline westfrogger

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »
Note to self: don't ever play Snooker against Big Oil (not after what he said about his lack of photography skills  :o).

The following users thanked this post: frankmac, big oil

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 03:20:03 pm »
Note to self: don't ever play Snooker against Big Oil (not after what he said about his lack of photography skills  :o).

Indeed....  :patch:
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline DRAZIL

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Alpha et Omega
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 04:58:41 pm »
I wonder if we have anything like Crawfish here in SA....?

Seem to remember i have seen some somewhere..... Eestern Cape maybe? Anyone?

I haven't seen any on my travels but they do look like great bait  :lol8:
ďYou know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.Ē
Charles Manson

Offline frankmac

• Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 05:03:55 pm »
I believe we only have freshwater shrimps.

The Aussies have a similar crustacean called a yabbie.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 06:24:54 pm »
good grief man ......... hurrrrrrrrrrry upppp

nice pics so far

i have a dream to one day travel america ....................  but i am fat already , so they may not let me in  :biggrin:
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline BliknÍrs

• I never finish anyth
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »
Get on with it ffs.
  :patch:

The following users thanked this post: punisher, big oil

Offline skydiver

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 08:08:01 pm »
This is unfair....you start off showing some interesting photos which might be considered as "fore play" and then...............nothing.  :lol8:
Yamaha PW80, Honda MT5, Honda XR200, Kawazaki KDX200, Yamaha TTR250, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800, BMW F650GS

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 08:55:05 pm »
This is unfair....you start off showing some interesting photos which might be considered as "fore play" and then...............nothing.  :lol8:

yeah , he is just a teaser
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Online Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 05:44:11 am »
BIG OIL, Stop slipping in the oil and move on with this RR! :pot: :peepwall:
 :lamer: :lamer: :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :deal: :deal: :drif: :sip:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Ri

• Bikermouse
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 07:22:56 am »
BIG OIL, Stop slipping in the oil and move on with this RR! :pot: :peepwall:
 :lamer: :lamer: :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: :deal: :deal: :drif: :sip:

Thanks for that mental image of big oil covered in baby oil, like those mud/oil wrestling babes  :eek7: :lol8:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
Okay, okay, I'll be posting soon.

I will NOT be providing any pics of me covered in baby oil, I like you all too much to put you through such misery!

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »

We get red taters here now as well. All these peculiar fruits 'n veggies are showing up on our virgin shores...  :eek7:
Which means a visit to @VaalBaas in Gouda - I think he's the head sheep-head sucker in SA  :pot:

I'd try sheep head, heck I'm the type that will try just about any food.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 03:08:09 pm »

I'd try sheep head, heck I'm the type that will try just about any food.
its bladdy horrible.  :deal: well the cheeks and tongue arent so bad but the eyes and brain...  :patch: although some hardened old men around here love it and force feed the sweet young innocent bikers with it... story usually starts with when i was young and and barefoot and and.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Online Takashi

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 04:11:41 pm »
Definitely subscribed to this thread.

big oil, you should change your name to big tease.....  Where is the rest of this ride report?

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2017, 05:56:28 pm »
Let me take you back to summer 2016.  For the first time in my life I bought a cruiser type bike, a Hog aka Harley Davidson.  I bought it for all the wrong reasons.  My friends filling my head with lines like, "a Harley will get you laid" and "a Harley is all American".  So, I know a girl at the dealership whom works in the office, so I bypass the salesmen, and negotiate a killer deal on a Street Glide and a handy in the back building.  Unfortunately at the time of pickup there were people in the back warehouse and I could not recieve the handy.

They were right about getting me laid, wrong about the bike being all American. So many of the components are now outsourced.  The clothing and accessory chrome are all made overseas.  Here in the US, riding a HOG automatically puts you in a club of some hardcore riders, but more poseurs than hardcore.  The type of poseurs who claim to be the real deal, when all they do is fire up their hog occasionally and ride to the local tavern and back. The type of riders who pick on me when I practice ATGATT (all the gear all the time). 

2009, in the village of Hell, Michigan at the Hell Tavern.  My steed, an 09' GS Adventure (don't hold that against me, I didn't know any better back then  :pot:).  Actually, I loved the bike, mounting a Blitzkrieg in many states on her, even if her sticking fuel injectors made me want to pull my hair out on some mornings.  On cool mornings,  one or both of the injectors would stick.  I used to have to remove the injectors, hook wire leads from a 9V battery to the injector leads, and pulse the injectors until they got hot.  Then hurry up and install the injectors and start the bike.  Doing this on trips in the morning before my first cup of covfefe pissed me off royally.  BMW blamed the ethanol in our fuel.  Funny, none of the Japanese bikes and other European machines had an issue with our fuel.

Anyway, back to Hell.  I'm dressed in Cordura head to toe.  I walk up to the deck, I think yous call it a stoep.  Harley rider in flippies, shorts, and a t-shirt, with 3 teeth protruding from his mouth, says to me, "hey arrr yous a fire min or arrr yous going up on the next space shuttle"  :lol8: Me being a quick witted smart ass, I replied, "well, I started a fire in your mamas panties last night and was scheduled to go up in the shuttle, but your mom begged me to stay on Earth".  It's just the way we talk to one another around here!

Back to HOG ownership.  As soon as I bought the Hog, I left on a ride representing Downs Syndrome Awareness through the New England states and through the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, back through Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, and finally back through Ontario to home.  16 days, with 8 days of frigid North Atlantic rain.  Here I am in Clarenville, Newfoundland, awaking to another day of frigid temps and rain.

16 days, 4,416 miles or 7,106 kilometers through some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen.  Perhaps another RR someday.  When I returned home, I felt as if I'd been beat up by a gang before being run over by a Mack truck.  I grew up riding dirt bikes from a young age.  I like my pegs directly underneath me.  The feet forward design of a cruiser is too unnatural for me, and I'm just too damn tall for any cruiser.  Especially a Street Glide with a 'slammed' rear end with 2.25 inches of suspension travel.

So, a few weeks later once healed, I continue the ride for Downs awareness and leave for a Southern States tour down through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, to visit my ole' buddy Crazy Bill in Louisiana, another buddy Chef Brian near Fort Worth, Texas.  I also got to meet the little boy with Downs I have been riding for in Dallas, Texas.  What a handsome little baby boy, eh?

While visiting the DFW area, my girlfriend began having problems.  One of those girls who just simply cannot be alone, even for a few days without a man in her life.  She was whining and crying that she felt like she was going to die if I didn't come home soon.  ::)  I told her I was not going to be home for at least another couple of weeks.  She said I needed to come home the next day.  I told her that was NOT happening. 

So, the next morning I boarded a plane and flew from Fort Worth to Detroit  :peepwall: storing my HOG in Brian's garage.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:59:00 pm by big oil »