Headlight Glare

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VANZ76

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
A while back, I had an extra tall touring screen [see attached image] made by War Eagle. It is a fantastic piece of kit, and has made such a big difference to my daily commute. The next phase to making my early morning commute "safer", was to customize the headlight by adding an orange border to it; as I found that the perspex cover refracting light back onto my windscreen.

I then decided to go the grid-type headlight guard route [Motorradical]. Unfortunately, the glare has actually worsened, as the headlight guard throws more light back at me, because it is stainless steel [see attached images from manufacturer].

Now, do I go down the route of painting the headlight guard black, and if so, what paint would be recommended ...? Or do I paint the lower part of my screen black, to reduce the glare ... and if so, what paint would I need to use? Would painting the lower part of my screen help, or would the glare still reach the top part of my screen?

Perhaps I need to paint both, or there may be a much simpler solution to the problem which I have not thought of as yet. I would greatly appreciate any feedback / suggestions.

Attachments

• BMW G650GS Hi Rise Screen (2).JPG
    BMW G650GS Hi Rise Screen (2).JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Headlight Guard.jpg
    Headlight Guard.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 114