Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2 day round trip from Swellendam. Any suggestions?  (Read 97 times)

Offline herman916

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
2 day round trip from Swellendam. Any suggestions?
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:33 pm »
2 day round trip from Swellendam. Any suggestions?  Saturday, overnight and Sunday morning.  Dirt roads preferably. Any suggestions for a route?

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Fleet Owner
    • View Profile
Re: 2 day round trip from Swellendam. Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:08 pm »
There's a gravel road turning off just before Swellendam towards Malgas and the pont, which you can cross and continue towards Witsand, all gravel. From Witsand, if you want you can travel in direction of Vermaaklikeid and then turn torwards Riversdale. But I don't know gravel roads towards Swellendam from here.

Or at Malgas you can turn right towards Bredasdorp, but at around the 3rd turnoff to the right you can take the Protem road and get to Riviersonderend, You have to turn left when you see the silos ahead, we missed it the first time and then the road starts to turn to the right - then you've gone too far. Can't give clearer directions, I've only ridden this once. Was fun though :)

From Riviersonderend, again, all I know is tar back to Swellendam, but maybe someone else can fill in the gaps here.

@hje Isn't this your valley? Don't you know some lekker gravel roads? Is Gysmanshoek Pass around here?

Hope you have a great trip  :thumleft:
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Ref: SAS Wildehond III Balance (2017/10/22): R2,000.00

Offline hje

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Tried to be normal once, worst 2 min of my life
    • View Profile
Re: 2 day round trip from Swellendam. Any suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:26:22 am »
Yip the Gysmanshoek Pass goes through the Langeberg moutains between Heidelberg and Riversdale, The Bonnidale Oxwagaon trail is also that side.

herman I've sent you a pm, much easier to get in contact via phone, many many dirtroads in thew area, ChrisL also stays in the area, you can pop in there too.

Enjoy! :thumleft:
Live each day as if it's your last............just ride..........
Race the rain..... Ride the wind.....Chase the sunset

TRUIMPH TIGER 885, DR 750, KLR 600, KLE 500, BMW K100,