Lost in the Inanda Valley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ska_sa

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
Hi All, just a short RR. Decided on a last minute improve ride with a friend on his XT660Z who is fairly new to dirt/off-road riding and who has 80/20 road biased tyres.

We set off fairly early on Sunday with the idea to explore abit and be home around 11. We started with a view of the dam, where we found this gnarly little track (where MX bikes had torn up) (no pics unfortunately). He was very nervous on his clean, unscratched XT and extremely cautious of his movements and where he ventured.

He got slightly more confident as we went on due to me being a hooligan on the old XL500. There were some great dirt roads which traversed through the valley, enjoying the scenery and awesome riding - we forgot to discuss how far we would go before turning around or deciding on the route.

Next minute it was past 11, in the cooking heat with a bottle of water to share. We got lost after taking direction from some plastic riders and i was getting conerned of where the next fuel stop would be. We ventured towards a homestead - with waving hands telling us we cant go any further. They luckily let us through saying the road was rideable and it was the shortest route to the main road. it was a real adventure on goat paths - me in my element - my mate kakking off. 2 falls later we popped out in Harburg.

Popped in to the police station to find a fuel stop and were Wartburg bound - only too happy to know where we were.

A definite re-visit trip - reminded me alot of Lesotho.

hope you enjoyed :thumleft:

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 261
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 261
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image4.JPG