Biedouw Valley August 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Not really a long trip report, just a few words about our few days spent in one of our favorite places.

My wife and I took some of our annual leave in early August and as we hosted a 4x4 flower tour in the Biedouw Valley for three days at the start of it, we trailered the bikes with us and stayed on for 4 days afterwards exploring the area on the bikes.

It was Natalie's first proper contineous off road experience and I reckon she did very well. Even she is not sure what all the fuss was about. She took to it like a duck to water.

We were there at the height of the flower season and it was absolutely stunning, it's got to be one of the prettiest places to ride motorcycles around.

We did learn some very important things though.

1. The intro BMW off raod course is probably the best money we have ever spent since buying bigger off road machines.

2. We are not fit enough yet. Three to four hours riding a day and we were near exhausted. Working on that already though. Nothing like a plastic bike to get one in shape.

I also played around with my tyre pressures alot as we had time. I ride my enduro bike at 0.8 bar and get up to speeds of around 100kph, so bearing this in mind I tried lower pressures than we were taught and for me I found a happy medium at around 1.1 bar, front and back.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCI0016.jpg
    DSCI0016.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCI0034.jpg
    DSCI0034.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCI0004.jpg
    DSCI0004.jpg