Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: How to look cool while stopping  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Andre E

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • McDonalds Accommodation, Queenstown
    • View Profile
Re: How to look cool while stopping
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 09:55:10 am »
Reminds me of the first time I fitted clipless pedals to my mountain bike. Completely forgot to unclip my cleats first time I stopped. Many people laughed at me. Many.
Don't be kak, be lekker.
What is this life, if full of care,
we have no time to stand and stare.

Offline Dux

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 10:55:28 am »
Us shorties and the XR500's  :imaposer:
Get to a stopstreet and you either run it or need to stop next to the pavement.
If you have to start it on a sandy patch, you are stuffed. :peepwall:
Good skil to have though.

Similar thing happened with me , I pulled up at the traffic lights and my shoe lace got stuck in the gear lever , daar slet ek neer voor die twee meisies wat ek net verby gery het   :-[

Laces are a bitch... :biggrin: :biggrin:

You been there ?
Had a Petty Officer have the same thing happen when he pulled into the parking bay and bought a plot in front of all his students  :-[
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 11:04:38 am »

Similar thing happened with me , I pulled up at the traffic lights and my shoe lace got stuck in the gear lever , daar slet ek neer voor die twee meisies wat ek net verby gery het   :-[

You been there ?
Had a Petty Officer have the same thing happen when he pulled into the parking bay and bought a plot in front of all his students  :-[
been there, however on my GS750 Suzi sober but a loooong haul forgetting to put the sidestand down at a self service and getting trapped between bike and petrol pump, leg in the air  ::)  but was also seen having enough beer on the same bike, forgetting to put my foot down at a robot and slowly going down sideways.... :-[ 
the air is cooler and more petroleum-distillate infused in a garage, this clarifies the mind and helps with the understanding of all things mechanical. In contrast, air in the house carries the latent bi-products of sanitation chemicals and room air fresheners. This, in turn, causes the testicles to retreat slightly, reducing mechanical aptitude by an order of magnitude. Then again, maybe it's just that the beer fridge is in the garage.

Offline Dux

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 11:32:37 am »

You been there ?
been there, however on my GS750 Suzi sober but a loooong haul forgetting to put the sidestand down at a self service and getting trapped between bike and petrol pump, leg in the air  ::)  but was also seen having enough beer on the same bike, forgetting to put my foot down at a robot and slowly going down sideways.... :-[

Mate of mine had a quart of beer inside his jacket when he came off , had a few small cuts to his upper body but I dread to think of how much worse it could have been
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell