Diesel Spill Hartbeesport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I had a "lucky" morning today in my view, without wanting to over dramatise. :eek:

I decided to take the GSV out, so at about 08:30 I headed past Lanseria towards Harties, after Broederstroom I headed toward Pecanwood and got passed by a Tow Truck Vulture, about 3 km before Pecanwood I see activity in the road and slow down as people are directing traffic in the road.

A Hyundai Tucson and a Renault Clio had basically had a head-on collision on a very mild corner in good conditions, the Clio was on the right hand verge and the Tucson on the left verge so about 2/3 of the road was open but debris everywhere and both cars badly farked up. Emergency services were there it didnt look good. :'(

On the left verge beyond the accident a truck was parked up on the side of the road.

So the farmers directing traffic were letting the oncoming traffic go, I could easily fit through without being inconsiderate so I slowly rode through on the left side of the road.

As I got by the truck, I touched the throttle and the rear wheel just spun up and I almost went down twice!  :eek:

I don't believe that given the location of the two vehicles, that this could have been from the accident, in my view the truck must have lost its diesel and I guess the Clio lost it mid corner straight into the Tucson.

Whilst I felt sorry for the other people (I suspect fatalities are likely), I selfishly thought what if I had hit that spill mid corner at over 100km/h it would not have been pretty.  :eek7:

My guardian angel was flying this morning.  8)