1956 R26 Restoration & questions - COMPLETED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beancounter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi All

Alex here. Starting this topic for the R26 I purchased from SparkMark a while back. Sorry for the lack of pictures of the stripping of the bike. I will take pictures once the re assembly starts. Currently the bike is in parts all over Gauteng. I have some questions and will post them as they become relevant during the assembly. I have done the wheels already, they were already 90% restored, so just had new bearings fitted by Derek Marsden and cleaned the wheels up. Also had a few smilies pressed out. Now I need to get two new tyres. Any recommendations where I can source two 3.25 x 18 tyres other than new front wheel 90/90x18 tyres most guys use? I was told that  you can get Chinese tyres in the 3.25 or 3.5 size. I already tried Just Bike Tyre and a few other shops but they do not stock any tires in the correct size and type.

Picture of the wheels. (Advantage of being single is that you can leave them on your couch with no fear of pain).

To be continued

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 314
  • COPA2374.jpg
    COPA2374.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 313