Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2018.  (Read 65507 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2018.
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 09:32:36 am »
Is there WD SuperBru Pool like last year?

Gryshond usually created, but in his absence, I did.

Just click here:

https://www.superbru.com/motogp/pool.php?p=11826168

Pool name: Wild Dogs

Pool code: lossglim

Awesome, thanks! Just joined,   :thumleft:

Yellow cap for you!   :thumleft:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2018, 09:40:24 am »
Moto3:

Darryn started 20th and fought up to 10th or so, before taken out by another rider, possibly Oetl.  Someho, now coverage of this in a first world country with first world TV.   :dousing:   
This class is wide open with the kamakazi kids impossible to predict.

Moto 2:

Steven started 2nd and finished 22nd.  Not a bad showing for a first race for him and his whole team.   
Brad started 13th and finished 6th.  If only he could qualify higher up, he would certainly be in the running for the championship.
Bagnaia and Marquez looks like pure poison, but the KTM's are right up there.

MotoGP:

Wow!  Looked like a Moto 3 race.  If the season continues like this we are in for a treat.  Dovi seems hell bent on becoming champion.  MM is hot as always and if he doesn't kill himself must be a favourite as well.  Get those Yamies to actually qualify and both VR and MV will also be a force to be reckonned with.

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:27 am »
When our DSTV lost signal during the race due to the rain, I was very very tempted to subscribe to MotoGP's video pass right there and then. But,blixem, at almost R1900? Goeie aarde! And then it does not even include timing pass  :eek7:

Nee my donner these ous are milking it big time.

But I digress. The racing was bucking frilliant! Pity they did not show the Darren Binder crash, though.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:49 am »
When our DSTV lost signal during the race due to the rain, I was very very tempted to subscribe to MotoGP's video pass right there and then. But,blixem, at almost R1900? Goeie aarde! And then it does not even include timing pass  :eek7:

Nee my donner these ous are milking it big time.

But I digress. The racing was bucking frilliant! Pity they did not show the Darren Binder crash, though.

R1900 for the whole year, so basically 18 races, with all FP, WUP and QP runs.  Not a bad price.

Janee.  We didn't see the crash.  Just young Darryn, very clearly indicating that someone was a wanker.   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline fixit

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2018, 11:14:17 am »
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2018, 11:20:41 am »
Rossi signs with Yamaha till 2020 (he'll be 41 then).

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/891555/1/rossi-explains-new-yamaha-motogp-deal

The doc!
Ek wonder of sy stem teen daardie tyd al sou gebreek het  :lol8:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2018, 11:30:22 am »
Hy gaan by dan seker al die groot 10 h?

10 jaar sonder titel...

:imaposer:
Maak soos Dr Phil s: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2018, 11:35:33 am »
In all seriousness, he must be quite proud of his Moto2 team. Saw a doccie about the Monza rally earlier in the day too, which VR has won like 6 times or so too. This guy is simply a legend.

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:51 am »

10 jaar sonder titel...

:lol8:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2018, 11:50:57 am »
In all seriousness, he must be quite proud of his Moto2 team. Saw a doccie about the Monza rally earlier in the day too, which VR has won like 6 times or so too. This guy is simply a legend.

The man is a legend.  Forget about his own on-track experiences.  Let's look at just a few off-track in terms of his development of young riders.:

- Created VR46 Academy for young riders.
- WIthin three years, VR46 Academy rider, Franco Morbidelli won the Moto 2 championship (2017) and signed a ride in MotoGP (2018).  First race in MotoGP ever, he finished 12th and top rookie.
- 2017 VR46 rider Bagnaia, on a Sky VR46 team bike was 5th in the championship Morbidelli won.
- Sky VR46 Moto 3 team finished 5th (2014), 4th (2015), 7th (2016), 9th (2017) in Moto 3 Championship.
- Sky VR46 team will also contest MotoE from next year.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:17:28 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: OomD

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 01:50:50 pm »
Bag of mixed results for Saffers - but very good racing for a first out ! Dovi hot, MM smoking but wild as usual and VR 46 right up there  ;)

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2018, 01:57:31 pm »

The man is a legend.  Forget about his own on-track experiences.  Let's look at just a few off-track in terms of his development of young riders.:

- WIthin three years, VR46 Academy rider, Franco Morbidelli won the Moto 2 championship (2017) and signed a ride in MotoGP (2018).  First race in MotoGP ever, he finished 12th and top rookie.
- 2017 VR46 rider Bagnaia, on a Sky VR46 team bike was 5th in the championship Morbidelli won.
- Sky VR46 Moto 3 team finished 5th (2014), 4th (2015), 7th (2016), 9th (2017) in Moto 3 Championship.

Franki says Relax.... :biggrin:

Watch Zarco this year

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 02:30:27 pm »

Franki says Relax.... :biggrin:

Watch Zarco this year
Agreed!  :thumleft:

Offline JFE

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2018, 03:30:27 pm »
Moto3:
.......... Someho, now coverage of this in a first world country with first world TV.   :dousing:...........
Dont know who told you this, I live here, and you are terribly mistaken.
That aside the season looks promising for some good wheel to wheel racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2018, 12:32:41 pm »

After Tech3 signed with KTM from next year and left Yamaha totally stranded , there is some indication that Rossi could be in line to inherit the role of running Yamaha's satellite team.

I don't understand the decision by Tech3 , they get the best support of any satellite team and have consistently got good results every year. This KTM gamble looks very dodgy to me from a distance.
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2018, 01:01:41 pm »

After Tech3 signed with KTM from next year and left Yamaha totally stranded , there is some indication that Rossi could be in line to inherit the role of running Yamaha's satellite team.

I don't understand the decision by Tech3 , they get the best support of any satellite team and have consistently got good results every year. This KTM gamble looks very dodgy to me from a distance.

Rossi himself have stated that they will not enter MotoGP while he is still racing.  Apart from that Rossi cannot field a MotoGP team as the grid is full.  One of the other teams would have to partner with Rossi, or sell the team to Rossi.

KTM offered Tech 3 full factory spec factory bikes instead of one year old bikes as with the Yamaha deal, but it is about more than that.  Relationships are not what they should be as Tech 3 feels they are not in the Yamaha long terms strategy.  Yamaha also indicated to Tech 3 that, should Rossi enter a team in the future, that team would become the #1 Yamaha satellite team.   I think that p'd Tech 3 off no end and they decided to move while they had the opportunity.   They were not happy already, since they felt their top rider should move to the factory team when JL went, but Yamaha appointed Maverick V into the empty seat.

Anyway, Yamaha is not stranded.  There are at least two teams who are talking to Yamaha to take over the Yamahas and become the Yamaha satellite team .It is whispered that one team is Marc VDS, who currently fields customer Honda's, so becoming a satellite team would be a step up.  More importantly, they field Franco Morbidelli, a VR46 Academy Rider. 

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:09:33 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:04 pm »

Rossi himself have stated that they will not enter MotoGP while he is still racing.  Apart from that Rossi cannot field a MotoGP team as the grid is full.  One of the other teams would have to partner with Rossi, or sell the team to Rossi.

KTM offered Tech 3 full factory spec factory bikes instead of one year old bikes as with the Yamaha deal, but it is about more than that. Relationships are not what they should be as Tech 3 feels they are not in the Yamaha long terms strategy. Yamaha also indicated to Tech 3 that, should Rossi enter a team in the future, that team would become the #1 Yamaha satellite team.   I think that p'd Tech 3 off no end and they decided to move while they had the opportunity.   They were not happy already, since they felt their top rider should move to the factory team when JL went, but Yamaha appointed Maverick V into the empty seat.

Well I think you are speculating there, unless you can tell me you have some inside info.

From what Herve Poncharal is saying, it sounds like their sponsorship with Monster Energy is ending this year and might not be getting extended. I think this whole change to KTM is driven from the money side of things. If the KTM deal is coming with Redbull money then it's quite tempting for Herve to jump on the deal; you become a factory team and you get cash from Redbull ... quite hard to take your back on that when you don't know where your next sponsorship deal is coming from.

But we see what's happening with Suzuki. It's very hard to compete consistently with the likes of the big boys, with all the money and years of experience. Yes you can get a good race weekend here or there depending on weather conditions or if you get lucky with a tyre choice or something like that. But as a small new entry it's near impossible to really get to terms with Ducati, Yamaha and Honda.

KTM are obviously trying to get all that experience from Herve and his team from their many years of being in the championship, with some good success as a privateer team. The are hoping he can give them that bit extra they lack. I think KTM will stick around obviously because of the marketing benefit for Redbull, but as a real title or even podium contender , I don't see that happening on a consistent basis.

I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »

KTM offered Tech 3 full factory spec factory bikes instead of one year old bikes as with the Yamaha deal, but it is about more than that. Relationships are not what they should be as Tech 3 feels they are not in the Yamaha long terms strategy. Yamaha also indicated to Tech 3 that, should Rossi enter a team in the future, that team would become the #1 Yamaha satellite team.   I think that p'd Tech 3 off no end and they decided to move while they had the opportunity.   They were not happy already, since they felt their top rider should move to the factory team when JL went, but Yamaha appointed Maverick V into the empty seat.

Well I think you are speculating there, unless you can tell me you have some inside info.

From what Herve Poncharal is saying, it sounds like their sponsorship with Monster Energy is ending this year and might not be getting extended. I think this whole change to KTM is driven from the money side of things. If the KTM deal is coming with Redbull money then it's quite tempting for Herve to jump on the deal; you become a factory team and you get cash from Redbull ... quite hard to take your back on that when you don't know where your next sponsorship deal is coming from.

But we see what's happening with Suzuki. It's very hard to compete consistently with the likes of the big boys, with all the money and years of experience. Yes you can get a good race weekend here or there depending on weather conditions or if you get lucky with a tyre choice or something like that. But as a small new entry it's near impossible to really get to terms with Ducati, Yamaha and Honda.

KTM are obviously trying to get all that experience from Herve and his team from their many years of being in the championship, with some good success as a privateer team. The are hoping he can give them that bit extra they lack. I think KTM will stick around obviously because of the marketing benefit for Redbull, but as a real title or even podium contender , I don't see that happening on a consistent basis.

No, I am not speculating.  Everything I said is based on information I read about the saga, mostly stated by Herve Poncharal himself. 

The rest of what you said makes sense.  We can all look on over the next few years and see how it goes.  One thing that could change all of this is possible future rule changes to rein in the big three even more.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2018, 09:34:37 pm »

10 jaar sonder titel...

En in daai 10 jaar kon nie een van die ander apies hom inhaal nie. Nog erger, sou ek se.