Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2018.  (Read 68392 times)

Offline Gingerball

Re: MotoGP 2018.
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2018, 10:11:08 pm »
MM, what a tool.
Time for an Adventure

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2018, 10:35:54 pm »
Had no sound streaming Super sport, anyone else had that?
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2018, 10:36:59 pm »
Crazy race and some odd decisions  by RD🤔
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2018, 11:07:09 pm »
MM did ride like a d@@s, but his last move was not much different from the one where Johann took out Dani?  Hard on the inside with no room.

Agree. Zarco also deserved a penalty.

MM deserves exclusion from the next race.

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2018, 06:14:26 am »
His penalty doesn't fit the crime and I think more will come of this. My opinion dock him 10 points and move on.

So only 2 races in and it's already turning into a classic.

Hats off to Cal. Been quick all weekend and the only oke to hold a candle to MM. Well played and leading the championship. Rins very good and Zarco his usual tenacity.. the future is looking bright. on on!!
Pass this way once!

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2018, 06:46:40 am »
It was a harsh but can you recall Rossi's move on Gibenau on the last lap ? This is Moto GP, Without these MF's it would be boring.
I agree it would be boring. It certainly is exciting watching MM ride like a taxi driver.  :P

But to endanger the other rider's lives? :-\ That's not even in the spirit is the sport. He deserves a harsher punishment than a mere 30 seconds. >:D

Anyway, roll on americas! Let's see what MM is up to in a week!  :biggrin:

Well done to CC, and the rest. Nice open championship at this stage.

Offline bmad

• Wannabe Poser
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
    • Vintage Motorcycle Club
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:17 am »
Was indeed an exciting race.  :thumleft:

Last year i watched a documentary on MM and i was beginning to think he might be nice bloke and worth supporting, not anymore, dick head  :xxbah:
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Offline Bwana

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2018, 08:40:17 am »
Seems Like Rossi forgets sticking his leg out and purposely pushing Marquez off the track. Maybe he should review that video. I agree Marquez was to aggressive but the intent was to plainly to overtake. Sorry Rossi finaly some has your number you managed to bully everyone except Stoner and now Marquez.

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2018, 08:57:28 am »
MM did ride like a d@@s, but his last move was not much different from the one where Johann took out Dani?  Hard on the inside with no room.

Agree. Zarco also deserved a penalty.

MM deserves exclusion from the next race.
I second that, talented or not, k@k style MM, just don't like the arrogance of C, AND I like the Suzbox on the podium with rookie Rins..
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax,Honda S110 Benly, Honda C110 trail, Yamaha RS125, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2018, 08:58:26 am »
Seems Like Rossi forgets sticking his leg out and purposely pushing Marquez off the track. Maybe he should review that video. I agree Marquez was to aggressive but the intent was to plainly to overtake. Sorry Rossi finaly some has your number you managed to bully everyone except Stoner and now Marquez.
Wasn't that after MM bumped him first?  :pot:

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2018, 09:08:36 am »
Guess we are asking for consistency?  Most dangerous move was Johann high siding Dani?  MM's were also over the top.  consistency??

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:43 am »
Tad blinded there much, MM did it 6 times over the course of the weekend to different riders. He was spoken to in free practice on Friday for his aggressive riding. What he did was uncalled for, he was a second faster than Rossi and the field, diving up the inside was not necessary.
He is Spanish and as always will get away with a slap on the wrist, he needs to relax and use his great talent, not ride like it's WRX
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:12 am »
At the start, under green flag, MM stalled.  The rule is vacate grid immediately.  He didn't as he push started his bike.  Then he rode contra flow.  He also ignored orders by race officials to vacate the track.  Two of the three rules he broke normally carries a black flag.  He wasn't black flagged.

Then, even before he made contact with Espargaro, he dive bombed a group of three riders.  Then he did his thing with Espargaro.  Then with VR.  How he was not black flagged, I don't know, but that is history.  No points for him, or Rossi.

MM is a great rider, if he is in control of the red mist and he has had that under control for some time, but yesterday, he completely lost it.   

Wasn't that after MM bumped him first?  :pot:

Some people did not see the footage from the CCTV cameras at the track that day and still believe on what they saw on DSTV, or read about on the internet.   Telemetry clearly shows, so Honda stated, that "something" jammed on MM's front brake and caused the crash.  Only one thing could do that.  MM's right hand.

He is Spanish and as always will get away with a slap on the wrist, he needs to relax and use his great talent, not ride like it's WRX

Sad, but true.  During FP's Aaron Canet purposefully took out another rider in a vengeance attack.  It was clear as day.  Race direction declared it a racing incident, no penalty.  Canet, Spanish.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:39:09 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bwana

• Race Dog
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2018, 10:49:43 am »
I agree MM lost it at the start he should have carried on going and delayed the race again while he went round to restart in the Pit lane. He could have actually won the race if he kept his head he was that fast.

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2018, 11:04:45 am »
Great race with huge issues - lekker dice between the podium boys : CC rode hard, but remains a toss ( for me ), Zarco raced to his talent and the last has not been seen of Rins.MM.......well, he is by far the fastest on the current circuit......but is also fast becoming the most destructive racer around  >:(  That ou  ( and the powers ) need to seriousely bring him into line, or else he is going to kill himself and / or others very soon. 

The following users thanked this post: RobD

Offline JohnB

« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07:43 am »
So yesterday was the 2nd time that I actually watched a full race, ever. I liked what I saw, but understood little.

Why did Miller get the "gap start" for lack of a better description?

Pity about the Binder Bro`s spills..
But he said to me, ďMy grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Ē Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christís power may rest on me.

Offline Bwana

• Race Dog
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2018, 11:32:07 am »
He got the gap because all the other riders cleared the grid to change tyres as the track was drying fast when they were not allowed to as the grid was now set. He was the only one who stayed on the grid so was not penalised.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2018, 11:35:38 am »
So yesterday was the 2nd time that I actually watched a full race, ever. I liked what I saw, but understood little.

Why did Miller get the "gap start" for lack of a better description?

Pity about the Binder Bro`s spills..

According to the rules, if you leave the grid after it was set, you must start from the pit lane, or if in time at the back of the grid.  23 bikes starting from the pit lane,would be chaos and dangerous and impossible to all start at the back of the grid, so they reset the grid, some distance behind where it would normally be. 

This resetting of the grid is a new rule that was made after exactly the chaos and danger I mentioned during a GP in 2015 on Sachsenring. 

Huge pity about the Binder spills.  Sadly, it is a bit of a regular occurrence for Darryn, but a very uncharacteristic mistake by Brad.  Steven Odendaal ran his first top 20, which was nice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:36:56 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: JohnB

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:12 pm »
The race itself was incredible!!! So happy for the guys on the podium. I was wishing they could all win.

The incident with Rossi is being blown out of proportion because of all the kak & drama from the past.

Rossi DID leave a very slight gap, and he was on some more damp tarmac. Marquez took the chance at the gap (All racers do that.) and it went pear shaped.

But I agree, he should rather have waited and passed the mobile chicane a little later.

All the theatrics and kak in the press is, is exactly just that. Kak, drama & hype to get the fanboys at each others' throats.
Maak soos Dr Phil sÍ: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2018, 01:49:37 pm »
The race itself was incredible!!! So happy for the guys on the podium. I was wishing they could all win.

The incident with Rossi is being blown out of proportion because of all the kak & drama from the past.

Rossi DID leave a very slight gap, and he was on some more damp tarmac. Marquez took the chance at the gap (All racers do that.) and it went pear shaped.

But I agree, he should rather have waited and passed the mobile chicane a little later.

All the theatrics and kak in the press is, is exactly just that. Kak, drama & hype to get the fanboys at each others' throats.

"mobile chicane"......... :imaposer: :imaposer:

What I would dearly have loved to see is a Rossi and MM duel, both at the same age. So unfair that a remarkable talent like MM only meets Rossi when the latter is a bit over the wall.

I think that other riders must simply fit rearview mirrors, so they can move over in time when they see Marques approaching. :pot: