Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2018.  (Read 68497 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2018.
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2018, 10:55:28 am »
Before you get all figity, think about how Rossi kicked MM off his bike,

Proven beyond doubt that Rossi did not lkick MM off his bike.  Even if you do not want to believe Dorna and Honda's own telemetry, Google Newton's Laws on Physics.

If i'm wrong then MM will be banned from the next race. Not that it matters, he will still win the championship

MotoGP rules do not actually make provision for a race ban.  At worst he could be forced to start from the back of the grid, but that is unlikely as he already received and served the penalty.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:58:21 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:01 am »
I'm not a fanboy of any rider, I just enjoy a good race! MM is super talented but FFS he needs a PK for his antics this weekend. You're gonna get someone hurt carrying on like that !!
He is a tad suicidal it seems... quite safe if he leads but if he has to start from anywhere less than the first row he is like a bull in a china shop.
Quite frankly his number is comming up soon, I just hope he does not kill a fellow participant. :sip:

Bugger me, when did you grow a mangina. Kill a participant..  :imaposer: :imaposer:

If it was dangerous he would have seen a black flag.

Its like a school kid tripping another schoolkid on the playground and now the dad wants to sue for attempted murder.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2018, 11:00:24 am »

Proven beyond doubt that Rossi did not lkick MM off his bike.  Even if you do not want to believe Dorna and Honda's own telemetry, Google Newton's Laws on Physics.

I know.. but Rossi may kill a participant if he carries on like that :sip:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04:07 am »

I know.. but Rossi may kill a participant if he carries on like that :sip:

Ja.  True.  He may well, but this past weekend MM was the demon and he is the one being discussed.   :sip: :sip:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:04:39 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:50 am »

If i'm wrong then MM will be banned from the next race. Not that it matters, he will still win the championship

MotoGP rules do not actually make provision for a race ban.  At worst he could be forced to start from the back of the grid, but that is unlikely as he already received and served the penalty.

correction - 3 penalties in one race

Why did Zarco not receive a penalty when causing Dani to high side?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:22:48 am by KiLRoy »

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2018, 11:30:38 am »

correction - 3 penalties in one race

Why did Zarco not receive a penalty when causing Dani to high side?

I know he received three penalties Kilroy.  Only one of them could carry a DQ though.  For that he was already penalized and he served that penalty.

My guess.  Zarco and Dani were travelling at similar speeds.  Dani did leave a small gap and at the turn, Zarco's front wheel was ahead.
All Zarco caused was for Dani to sit up.  Dani caused the high side all by himself.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:32:31 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Az

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • It wasn't me...
    • The Marshals
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2018, 11:52:28 am »
My guess.  Zarco and Dani were travelling at similar speeds.  Dani did leave a small gap and at the turn, Zarco's front wheel was ahead.
All Zarco caused was for Dani to sit up.  Dani caused the high side all by himself.
I watched that a few times and one particular angle looks like they had clear space (no contact) between them. Pity, I often think Pedrosa deserves a bit more than he gets.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2018, 11:55:16 am »
I watched that a few times and one particular angle looks like they had clear space (no contact) between them. Pity, I often think Pedrosa deserves a bit more than he gets.

Ja.  I feel for Dani.  He is a way better rider than what the results indicate.

I woul dbe surprised if there was contact.  Zarco made a dive, Dani sat up.  Just a block pass as we regularly see.  When Dani wound on the power, he was on a wet patch and high sided.  Very unfortunate.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:56:29 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2018, 01:43:07 pm »

What are you talking about, Pedrosa holds the record for the most amount of podium wins.. I would say the results do speak for themselves. The only thing is that recently, over the last 2 years he has been showing signs of chilling a bit.. I think Pedrosa will be replaced every year but there he is signing contracts again.

Everyone complains about Rossi barging other riders or MM taking chances but if we didnt have riders like them it would be 22 laps of follow the leader

Offline RobD

« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2018, 01:45:48 pm »
Pedrosa is the golden boy of Repsol, hence the signing of contracts ....

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2018, 01:51:04 pm »
I know , and as a fanatic Repsol Honda fan I appreciate all that he has done for the team, to be fair he rides well and he is a team player, but there was a day where it was Repsol 1 and 2 .. now its almost predicted that Pedrosa will be mid field with Rossi  :peepwall:

Offline RobD

« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2018, 02:00:01 pm »
I know , and as a fanatic Repsol Honda fan I appreciate all that he has done for the team, to be fair he rides well and he is a team player, but there was a day where it was Repsol 1 and 2 .. now its almost predicted that Pedrosa will be mid field with Rossi  :peepwall:

True story Muzzy!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2018, 02:07:36 pm »

What are you talking about, Pedrosa holds the record for the most amount of podium wins.. I would say the results do speak for themselves. The only thing is that recently, over the last 2 years he has been showing signs of chilling a bit.. I think Pedrosa will be replaced every year but there he is signing contracts again.

Eish!  I basically agree with you and still get k@kked upon!   :lol8:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bwana

• Race Dog
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »

This is Strange as Rossi in his hearing said his foot slipped of the peg. While he openly admitted that he forced Marquez of the track as he believed MM was purposely try to hold him back from Lonrenzo. Funny how the only time his foot slipped off the peg at the same time as he was trying to run Marquez wide. I wonder how many times his foot slips off the peg. Also the pictures seem to show different. I used to be a huge Rossi fan but this to me was hugely disappointing and it dos not wash with me.

Offline Ruan 87

« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »
This might save lives
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:56:29 pm by Ruan 87 »

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2018, 03:57:36 pm »

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »
If Marquez is coming up behind you 0.3, 0.4, 0.6 seconds a lap quicker then move out the way sunshine... world champ is coming through.

Before you get all figity, think about how Rossi kicked MM off his bike, these okes are the best in the world, and the best in the world know how to ride and race, Booth Rossi and MM know how to win championships, Rossi knew MM was coming up and coming up fast.. Yes he had the line and I don't agree with how MM tried to find a space but im not a world champ, he is.

Sorry but you have that all wrong.  They were fighting for the position, no-one was being lapped and no blue flags were shown.  It is the job of the rider behind to safely overtake the rider in front.  And this is regardless of who overtakes who, world champion or rookie.
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

Offline Amsterdam

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2018, 05:54:35 pm »
Mat Oxley wrote a nice (and balanced) article about this weekend's race.  https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/maradona-driving-hot-hatch
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 890 Rally

The following users thanked this post: DirtRebell

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2018, 08:06:47 pm »
It was a harsh but can you recall Rossi's move on Gibenau on the last lap ? This is Moto GP, Without these MF's it would be boring.
I agree it would be boring. It certainly is exciting watching MM ride like a taxi driver.  :P

But to endanger the other rider's lives? :-\ That's not even in the spirit is the sport. He deserves a harsher punishment than a mere 30 seconds. >:D

Anyway, roll on americas! Let's see what MM is up to in a week!  :biggrin:

Well done to CC, and the rest. Nice open championship at this stage.

Bumping into someone at 80km/h where he basically dropped the bike is wet grass is hardly putting riders lives at risk

You would swear its a soccer game. Rossi fans have become nothing more than wet blankets.. If Marquez is coming up behind you 0.3, 0.4, 0.6 seconds a lap quicker then move out the way sunshine... world champ is coming through.

Before you get all figity, think about how Rossi kicked MM off his bike, these okes are the best in the world, and the best in the world know how to ride and race, Booth Rossi and MM know how to win championships, Rossi knew MM was coming up and coming up fast.. Yes he had the line and I don't agree with how MM tried to find a space but im not a world champ, he is.

Move out of the way, yes... if you are being lapped. Otherwise the rider in front has right of way, imo.

I don't believe Rossi (or any of the other riders) were being lapped?

You really believe the front rider must make way and let his opponent pass?  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:49 pm »
Mat Oxley wrote a nice (and balanced) article about this weekend's race.  https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/maradona-driving-hot-hatch

Good article, thanks - except Oxley's British blouse shines bright with his praises of Crutchlow  ;)