Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2018.  (Read 13224 times)

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
    • View Profile
Re: MotoGP 2018.
« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:10 am »
Ah Fuzzy, I knew the Rossi to Ducati theme would surface but remember Rossi also went from being successful on a Honda and went to Yamaha only to be more successful.

Yes Rossi could not ride the Ducati because it had been developed around Stoner but the key to the problem was Ducati's stubbornness not to listen to Rossi about the develpment of the bike. At least now they are listening to Georgie boy and may actually achieve something.

Dont get me wrong with my comment about Marc, he is still one of the most talented guys in MotoGP but really don't think he has the guts to leave his sanctuary and make it at another team.

That can't be right.  Stoner last rode a Ducati when the MGP was an 800cc class.  Rossi joined the year it became a 1000cc class.  It was a very different, newly developed bike.

2011 Rossi first season with Ducati they were still 800cc. 2012 is when they moved to 1000cc (Ducati GP11 800cc and GP12 1000cc) Stoner was the last 800cc era champion with Honda in 2011

:thumleft:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:04:49 am by Battlestar »
Pass this way once!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2018, 12:34:01 pm »
Ah Fuzzy, I knew the Rossi to Ducati theme would surface but remember Rossi also went from being successful on a Honda and went to Yamaha only to be more successful.

Yes Rossi could not ride the Ducati because it had been developed around Stoner but the key to the problem was Ducati's stubbornness not to listen to Rossi about the develpment of the bike. At least now they are listening to Georgie boy and may actually achieve something.

Dont get me wrong with my comment about Marc, he is still one of the most talented guys in MotoGP but really don't think he has the guts to leave his sanctuary and make it at another team.

That can't be right.  Stoner last rode a Ducati when the MGP was an 800cc class.  Rossi joined the year it became a 1000cc class.  It was a very different, newly developed bike.

2011 Rossi first season with Ducati they were still 800cc. 2012 is when they moved to 1000cc (Ducati GP11 800cc and GP12 1000cc) Stoner was the last 800cc era champion with Honda in 2011

Thanks.  Memory deserted me.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #382 on: May 16, 2018, 12:42:28 pm »
Dorna to bring in new rules basically banning a thingamabob device sitting between many of the sensors, such as the gyroscope, on a MotoGP bike.  It is believed, but impossible to prove, that some teams are programming these to overcome the limitations caused by the single unified Dorma supplied ECU.  Whispering suggests that this is why one bike specifically seems so much faster than all the rest.   Would be interesting to see where this will go.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline ZK1

« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2018, 01:05:43 pm »
Dorna to bring in new rules basically banning a thingamabob device sitting between many of the sensors, such as the gyroscope, on a MotoGP bike.  It is believed, but impossible to prove, that some teams are programming these to overcome the limitations caused by the single unified Dorma supplied ECU.  Whispering suggests that this is why one bike specifically seems so much faster than all the rest.   Would be interesting to see where this will go.
I think if you want to look at people finding ways to bend the rules it is motorsport, has always been like this. Innovative f..ckers. Ha ha.

I remember when a mate's father used to race the Total Sport 2000 series, you would sometimes see cars get trailered away between races......not sure why....hehe.

F1 in the 80's etc etc. 
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Offline TheBear

« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2018, 02:00:06 pm »
I think if you want to look at people finding ways to bend the rules it is motorsport, has always been like this. Innovative f..ckers. Ha ha.

I remember when a mate's father used to race the Total Sport 2000 series, you would sometimes see cars get trailered away between races......not sure why....hehe.

F1 in the 80's etc etc.

Janee!  Cheating will always be with us and with modern electronics it becomes more and more difficult to manage it, or catch them out.  When I was still a scrutineer at regional bike racing, we sometimes had the bikes swop ECU's.  So, in the 250 class we had all the bikes of the same make swop ECU's.  Interesting how that impacted on some bikes.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:40 pm »
So Rins just signed with Suzuki for 2 years.. Im happy for him considering he cant stay on 2 wheels in a race. .. I wonder if Lorenzo will be joining him.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:27 pm »
At one point there was also quite a bit of chatter about Jonathan Rea going to Suzuki in MotoGP.

Dorna was said to have thought that this move would not only bring Suzuki closer to the front in MotoGP, but also allow a few other riders to possibly win a race in World SBK.

But the Lorenzo talk was also after that, so that appears to be the latest skinner.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"
www.facebook.com/Lookwhatyouremissing
The Motorcycle Travel TV Series

Offline TheBear

« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2018, 02:18:27 pm »
At one point there was also quite a bit of chatter about Jonathan Rea going to Suzuki in MotoGP.

Dorna was said to have thought that this move would not only bring Suzuki closer to the front in MotoGP, but also allow a few other riders to possibly win a race in World SBK.

But the Lorenzo talk was also after that, so that appears to be the latest skinner.

Jonatha Rea indicated that he had no interest to move to MGP at this stage.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • View Profile
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2018, 03:37:13 pm »
I thought from and manufacturer's point of view, the idea is to go faster than the other team? :biggrin:

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:35 pm »
I thought from and manufacturer's point of view, the idea is to go faster than the other team? :biggrin:

If you use faster as in quicker laptimes, then yes. When the Ducatis were at their quickest, topspeed wise, often they had slower laptimes.

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2018, 11:19:55 am »
Rossi as a Honda factory rider 3 years 3 world championships how can you say he was more successful with Yamaha. That does not make sense. His win ratio on the Honda was also much higher. I would go as far to say he was almost untouchable on the Honda. That is why he said he had to move was to prove it wasnt the bike.

The one championship was Biaggi's to lose, and yes Biaggi lost it through his stupidity and crashing so many times while leading ... you don't have to lead every corner of every race ... no race craft on Biaggi's part
The one championship he won with Michelin's when they used to ship special Rossi tyres overnight that no one else had access to , because he was Michelin's poster boy
The one championship he won racing against underpowered two strokes when they were doing the transition from 2's to 4's

He is a bloody good rider but he has had a lot of luck fall on his lap as well ... I guess that's the case with most great riders
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:22:40 am by Sithe »
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2018, 01:33:46 pm »
Being a Repsol Honda nut

ill share that MM came out onto the track with the new Honda Aero package.. im not sure i like the look but it will grow on me.

Check out the new dynamic fairing on the Honda this Sunday.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2018, 01:37:46 pm »
Desmo Dovi just signed another 2 years with Ducati

This is great news. I really enjoy him
Pass this way once!

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #393 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:04 pm »
Being a Repsol Honda nut

ill share that MM came out onto the track with the new Honda Aero package.. im not sure i like the look but it will grow on me.

Check out the new dynamic fairing on the Honda this Sunday.
Pics where ?
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • View Profile
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #394 on: May 18, 2018, 03:00:31 pm »
Hmmmm, looked what arrived today.....

I am kak excited!

Offline 2StrokeDan

« Reply #395 on: May 18, 2018, 05:54:09 pm »
Rossi as a Honda factory rider 3 years 3 world championships how can you say he was more successful with Yamaha. That does not make sense. His win ratio on the Honda was also much higher. I would go as far to say he was almost untouchable on the Honda. That is why he said he had to move was to prove it wasnt the bike.

The one championship was Biaggi's to lose, and yes Biaggi lost it through his stupidity and crashing so many times while leading ... you don't have to lead every corner of every race ... no race craft on Biaggi's part
The one championship he won with Michelin's when they used to ship special Rossi tyres overnight that no one else had access to , because he was Michelin's poster boy
The one championship he won racing against underpowered two strokes when they were doing the transition from 2's to 4's

He is a bloody good rider but he has had a lot of luck fall on his lap as well ... I guess that's the case with most great riders

Posibly the greatest of allriders in the world, Giacomo Agostini, looks a great deal less great according to your reasoning. He competed and won many races on a MV Agusta multi against British singles.

This is how it is.  Marc Marques is in a lucky slot, as the Yamaha's are in a slump, and the Doctor is old. O0

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • View Profile
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2018, 08:08:00 am »
The solution is simple..

Get rid of the doctor, sign Zarco and upp your game Yamaha...  but alas

Offline Bwana

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2018, 09:17:47 am »
In the early days British bikes were also fast. However there were other MVs racing and other Italian brands and Honda and Yamaha were coming. Remember Mike Hailwood who some still believe was better was his main Competition in the early years. I do not believe for one moment that Marquez has hit Honda when they are in a purple patch, maybe his first 2 years when they were using the screamer engine with there own electronics. However look at were the other Honda riders have finished. Just look  at the times right now FP 2 in Le Mans.
He brought a new style of riding holding the bike upright as prossible while hanging off in certain corners. A change that other riders including Rossi admitted they have to adapt to. I just dont understand why certain people dont give him the credit he deserves. He makes great saves time and time again. He rides the bike through those sand traps like an MX bike when every one else falls as they hit the sand just look at the last race last year. I agree certain things happen that might favor you. The Biaggi mistake that let Rossi in. But also works the other way ie when Hayden won Rossi was knocked off his bike through no fault of his own when he had a 7 point lead. In the end its going to be the Stats or records that are going to decide who is the best just like other sports and right now Marquez is ahead of the game and thats a fact. Whether it continues like that we wait and see things can change a great example Tiger Woods in Golf stood to break every record in Half the time but then things went wrong. If you dont like him tough. However give him the credit he deserves and this bull that he wouldnt be able to ride another bike is just grasping at straws. I dont think he won moto 2 on a RCV or Moto 1. A rider like that will ride anything I would love to see him on a Yamaha which is well known for its sweet handling. Cructhlow who has ridden both states the Honda is a much more difficult bike to ride why would he say that when he is being paid by Honda.   

Offline Antonie

« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:43 pm »
Oh yes Zarco. What a lap...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2018, 04:54:01 pm »
Hmmmm, looked what arrived today.....

I am kak excited!

Lekker, can't wait for my Catalunya tickets :biggrin:

Gooi mielies Zarco!!
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.