Problem with Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo7011

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi everyone. I need some advise please. I bought my 2014 G650GS about two months back. Everything was working perfectly. Last weekend while traveling to the Oasis in the Cederberge, I put the bike down in some loose sand. Very soft landing and no marks on the bike except for the hand protectors. From then on, however, the fan is almost constantly on. Even when cold starting in the early morning. As soon as the ignition is switched on, the fan starts to run. It does not run constantly though. While riding it sometimes switches off. I had it at a mechanic yesterday. Couple of hundred bucks later and he could not find the problem... Its not the switch and it is not the relay. He checked both of those and they are not the problem. He had it plugged into the computer and there is no fault logged that can be corrected. Has anyone else had this problem? Or know what I can have looked at? Don't have the money to take it to Motorrad and pay labour and then they also don't find the fault!

Thank you
Frodo