Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Daylight running light with integrated indicators - Proof of concept. Thoughts?  (Read 442 times)

Offline OomD

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
I think they look pretty neat
Not sure how the LED lights might hold out in the event of the Hand guard meeting mother earth
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline gee

i think they look good. all light help. I dont care if my bike looks like a Christmas tree as long as the bastards see me

Offline armpump

If lights recessed into hand guard a little for a little protection i think great idea.

Offline OomD

Thanks.

The GS particularly (well, all new BM's really) have a nice recess in the handguards that will offer protection. The ones in the video are a bit bulky, and just stuck on for now while testing out the concept.

It's all about visibility, especially for people that commute daily by bike.

In the end I hope to have these adjustable, in the sense that the daytime running light could be orange (ala Honda's indicators that are always dimly lit) or white, as it pleases you. Nowadays more and more cars have white DRL LEDs, and bikes need to do more to stand out as it were. So orange DRL might not be a bad idea.

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
only to make you aware something similar exists from BarkBuster, and is compatible with their own BB guards, but we have also fitted them to NON-Barkbuster guards, see pics of BMW OEM 800GS guards, as well as these DRZ 400 'Zeta' guards...

we also fit them to a fair few delivery bikes, increased visibility in the traffic, especially since the handlebar 'moves', further aiding conspicuity.
Have fitted them to 2 Rally bikes, with no ill effects, too!

If you make them commercially, let us know, would consider stocking them...

Cheers
Chris & Team
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S3354.712 E01828.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S3354.712 E01828.208

Offline OomD

Thanks, Chris, those look very nice. In fact, it is part of the inspiration for my ones (I bought a set from you for my wife's NC - love it!).

Mine won't be standalone though, they'll be made to integrate with my CANSwitch. That means you won't have to tap into any of the bike's wires to get full functionality, and I can then add things like the running effect of the indicators (ala newer Golfs and Audis), adjust brightness to suit conditions (day/night, low beam/high beam, etc), and even make them shine any color (any color at all, for those the would like to twiddle).

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]

Quote from: OomD on Today at 10:11:19 am>Thanks, Chris, those look very nice. In fact, it is part of the inspiration for my ones (I bought a set from you for my wife's NC - love it!).

Mine won't be standalone though, they'll be made to integrate with my CANSwitch. That means you won't have to tap into any of the bike's wires to get full functionality, and I can then add things like the running effect of the indicators (ala newer Golfs and Audis), adjust brightness to suit conditions (day/night, low beam/high beam, etc), and even make them shine any color (any color at all, for those the would like to twiddle).

Ok, noted! let us know if/when you have product commercially available; will consider stocking it...
Cheers! Chris & team

Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S3354.712 E01828.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S3354.712 E01828.208

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
I use cheap chinese ones on my bike and although not integrated, I and all who have ridden with me can attest that they make you much more visible.
I have as yet to break one by falling, and I have done my fair share.
The wires do tend to vibrate off.
My first set lasted about a year and some rough trips.
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Oshkosh

Just Ordered these from Wish.
Will see if they are compatible with the Bike's system if not OomD you will be getting a call.  :biggrin: :thumleft:
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

The following users thanked this post: Garthox

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
i likey
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride