Will I get used to this? (Changed tyres from karoo's to wild's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krokonoster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Please note that while I like to push myself and bike I'm still pretty new in regards to what tyres I used so far

Heidenau's : 1000km and got rid of it.

Karoo 3's:  9, 000 km, did tons of crazy stuff with it, but decided to try Anakee Wilds and see if I can score a little mileage (just a bit.  off-road tyres and mileage does not belong in the same sentence IMO)

Anakee Wilds: 2000 km since last Saturday.

Now I'm starting to wonder if the Anakees was a great idea.  Besides not knowing how it performs at low speeds in rough terrain (sand/rocks/etc) at higher speeds I want to kak myself

On tar at around 140, the front start wobbling.  I made it harder (3.0 front and back), much better and rather ride 150, 160.  OK as long I sit still.  Move a  bit and the front start wobbling again.

Did about 400-500 km gravel the weekend,  mostly hard packed dirt which was fine.  However, whenever I hit some loose sand/gravel I want to kak myself all over.
It's kinda like the front "dig into" the earth more,  and the front (even back) behave like the Karoo's would if I hit a proper sand patch (which I did not yet), start dancing and all.

Figured make time next week and go look for some proper technical terrain with rocks / sand / etc and see if there's any real advantage other than mileage and what seems a to be a bit lower fuel consumption.  (might be wrong)

NOT trying to bash the tire,  but since I only rode a year (half offroad) my hard earned confidence goes out the window when things feel different so just want to hear if others will say "chill, you'll get used to it and then it will be better than the Karoo's"

For what it matter, this weekends 1700km (500 of it OR) on a GS Adventure, tank pretty full most the time with both side panniers moderately heavy.  I usually go off-road with a quarter tank as far possible, no panniers.