Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Running in the CRF250 Rally  (Read 10004 times)

Offline adamktm

Re: Running in the CRF250 Rally
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:29 pm »
Thanks bud, youíre not joking. R3500 :bueller:

I canít believe how expensive the soft luggage is. I will start a new thread and ask advice.

Flying Brick is selling a high quality copy of the Mojave - for about a third off the price...

Was in to see Chris this week. Def going to get a set of those panniers :thumleft:
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

When I bleed, I bleed orange!

Offline teebag

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2018, 12:29:36 pm »
Being Heritage day I thought I would take the older 250 out for a spin this morning.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:30:38 pm by teebag »

The following users thanked this post: wilfwalk

Offline Intense

• Puppy
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • CRF250L Rally
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2018, 08:30:10 am »
+-15k km time for new teeth.
I am only a hundred or so short of the 15000km mark and my sprocket still looks brand new.
Using my 30% chainsaw 70% engine oil mix on my chain

Offline Constantinople

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2018, 09:42:36 am »
Thanks bud, youíre not joking. R3500 :bueller:

I canít believe how expensive the soft luggage is. I will start a new thread and ask advice.

Flying Brick is selling a high quality copy of the Mojave - for about a third off the price...

Cannot find the bags on their online store. Link please? Name?

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33į54.712 E018į28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2018, 10:45:17 am »

Quote from: Constantinople on Today at 09:42:36 am

>Quote from: superfoxi on September 23, 2018, 04:43:12 pm

>Quote from: adamktm on September 17, 2018, 03:23:53 pm>Thanks bud, youíre not joking. R3500 :bueller:

Cannot find the bags on their online store. Link please? Name?

NEW  e-commerce website just 5 days old, SOME items not uploaded, see all HERE for now: https://business.facebook.com/flyingbrickmotorcycleaccessories/

thanks
Chris & Team

bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline Constantinople

• Pack Dog
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:44 pm »
Thanks Chris!

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2018, 07:12:00 pm »
I dont want to mess around with the wireing harness and have issues with Honda at a later stage
That's why I just unplugged the plate lamp, and cut the connector off, I can easily solder it neatly back in place if need be. I used the blank from the front to keep the open plug in the rear nice an weatherproof.

Went past Honda today and got two pieces of electrical whires with the correct termenals on them off of a old bike harness. Connected them into the blank off  amd onto the GPS harness and bobs your uncle GPS in working order!

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:35 am »
I dont want to mess around with the wireing harness and have issues with Honda at a later stage
That's why I just unplugged the plate lamp, and cut the connector off, I can easily solder it neatly back in place if need be. I used the blank from the front to keep the open plug in the rear nice an weatherproof.

Went past Honda today and got two pieces of electrical whires with the correct termenals on them off of a old bike harness. Connected them into the blank off  amd onto the GPS harness and bobs your uncle GPS in working order!
Cool which dealership ? Maybe they have more
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2018, 09:52:40 am »

Honda East Rand

Sidetrack I am going that way again today, can maybe pick you up a pair and give it to you on Saturday!

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2018, 10:14:13 am »

Honda East Rand

Sidetrack I am going that way again today, can maybe pick you up a pair and give it to you on Saturday!
Yes would be great  :thumleft:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2018, 01:26:19 pm »

Honda East Rand

Got you a pair .  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: sidetrack

Offline Constantinople

• Pack Dog
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2018, 01:46:15 pm »

Honda East Rand

If you guys don't mind posting stuff to me please get some for me as well! The plug is there. Is is literally just the terminals and seals I need

Offline wilfwalk

« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2018, 01:46:50 pm »
Teebag, your photos are great ! Please keep them coming, B&W especially - the one of the bike on the rail tracks is superb. Thanks for adding them to the thread. :thumleft:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2018, 02:19:39 pm »
Teebag, your photos are great ! Please keep them coming, B&W especially - the one of the bike on the rail tracks is superb. Thanks for adding them to the thread. :thumleft:
Yes thanks Teebag, I think the interest for this model has grown a lot since it's launch. There really is not 250 sized alternative to this bike with proper 18/21 dirt capabilities from the showroom floor. Really like my little Honda.
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2018, 06:50:46 pm »

Honda East Rand

If you guys don't mind posting stuff to me please get some for me as well! The plug is there. Is is literally just the terminals and seals I need

Not making any promises but will pass there tomorow morning and see if they are willing to hand out another pair. Shipping would be for your account so please pm me your details and I will see what I can do

Offline blauth

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2018, 08:08:44 am »
Being Heritage day I thought I would take the older 250 out for a spin this morning.

This reminds me when I was a young one, I had an XR200 and bugger all money. That little bike used to use so much oil, I'd keep topping it up with second hand car oil. It also slicked in the little screws from the carb butterfly and mashed them between the piston and the head....twice. Just filed the piston flat again and put it together and off it went again. It never let me down despite the abysmal abuse I gave the poor little thing. Fond memories.....

Offline teebag

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2018, 10:50:48 pm »
So the Mighty Rally is taking me to meet the cousins - Today we were introduced to the bikes, fitted some accessories, learnt about our fellow team mates and embarrassingly how little most of us know about Africa Tomorrow we ride the CRF1100L DTC at @HondaQuest boot camp, should be interesting.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:45:10 am by teebag »

The following users thanked this post: wilfwalk

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2018, 09:10:42 am »
Good luck Teebag  :thumleft:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline teebag