Cape Town WD riding N1 to town and back every day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzlightyear

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I've had enough of the people running across the N1 at Century City every afternoon. Today I noticed 7 guys standing next to the road just about to run over, so I pulled over and told them to use the bridge. They rather easily obliged, and went their merry way. Just as I was about to leave, another one came and wanted to cross, I also showed him the way.

Now I know there are Metro Cops in the mornings waiting for them on the way in, but they are only there in the afternoon if they are on that shift, the other shifts apparently do not do it.

I have 2 ideas, one is to whenever you ride home in the afternoon and see these people, stop if safe to do and make them walk over the bridge. The 2nd one is to form a pressure group and go visit Mr Heathcliff Thomas, hand over a petition and demand that they do something. If they don't do something, we can always stage a protest next to the road for a couple of mornings with placards, or is that too extreme?

If we want it to get better, we'll have to apply pressure. Who is in?