BMW 1200 Air filers - Duelsport specific...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaalBaas

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
As per topic a question where should or could be alot of answers or not....

To start off

Air filter to be changed every 20000km as per normal use and recomendations from mechie and book.?  Actualy question nr 1

I  have  5 1200"s with the following filters fitted. OEM BMW filter, Highflow and one with a K&N

All of them, except of the S, with a very thin film of dust inside of the airboxes. If one or all of them was a 1190 this could or would be standard issue :biggrin: except after fitting a R11000 Rottweiler and then still opt to go for road tyres and  reside to tar :peepwall:

Answer from a mechie who service plenty of these bikes... See it from time to time, but only the owner knows how many times his riding style could be the result of a problem like this. Reasons.

1 Riding lots of gravel
2. Riding in a dust trail for long periods of time or, or , or....

Now.

I do change all airfilters on all bikes every 10k km, ½ the distance recomended, 9/10 riding alone(so no excesive dust breathing). For sure not a happy chappy at this stage.

The HP with the K&N fitted is meticulously cleaned after every trip(long or short) and still a problem with this film of dust

Got some resolutions, but would like to know from some of you guys what you say.

This is about my limit of English fot this year.... :lol8: