Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dryex waterproof socks - the answer to no more wet feet?  (Read 373 times)

Offline ktmkobus

Dryex waterproof socks - the answer to no more wet feet?
« on: January 13, 2018, 06:48:18 am »
I am yet to come across a proper waterproof boot.  My Gaernes or Fox boots certainly doesn't meet that criteria.

Does anyone have experience with waterproof socks?  Saw this and are keen to know if this could be an option.

Unfortunately only have the Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/558465497825315/videos/309512366204130/

"Don't let cold wet feet ruin your outdoor fun! We developed DryEx Waterproof Socks to solve the soggy toe problem and to keep your feet dry while cycling, running, hiking, any outdoor activity in the rain.

Our socks are fully waterproof thanks to 3-layers: a wear resistant knit exterior (feels like a regular sock), a waterproof breathable membrane, and a moisture wicking anti-bacteria lining. The result is a sock that feels like a sock but protects like a rain bootie. 

Now you don't have to choose between keeping your feet dry and breathability (we don't like sweaty feet either)."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline Didi01

Re: Dryex waterproof socks - the answer to no more wet feet?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 06:58:09 am »
You can look Seal skins
never travel without at least one pair
Best regards
Dion

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:15:56 am »
I am yet to come across a proper waterproof boot.  My Gaernes or Fox boots certainly doesn't meet that criteria.

Does anyone have experience with waterproof socks?  Saw this and are keen to know if this could be an option.

"Don't let cold wet feet ruin your outdoor fun! We developed DryEx Waterproof Socks to solve the soggy toe problem and to keep your feet dry while cycling, running, hiking, any outdoor activity in the rain.

Our socks are fully waterproof thanks to 3-layers: a wear resistant knit exterior (feels like a regular sock), a waterproof breathable membrane, and a moisture wicking anti-bacteria lining. The result is a sock that feels like a sock but protects like a rain bootie. 

Now you don't have to choose between keeping your feet dry and breathability (we don't like sweaty feet either)."

Get SIDI boots.   They amazingly waterproof.  I saw the same fb advert. The thing I worry about with those ads is that they look like they promoting gimmicks. . I'm not convinced

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline steveindar

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Eish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:00:48 pm »

Get SIDI boots.   They amazingly waterproof.  I saw the same fb advert. The thing I worry about with those ads is that they look like they promoting gimmicks. . I'm not convinced

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Frank Thomas adv boots. Still dry after a year of abuse here in the wet hills

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Tapatalk

#Nipplecaps must fall!!!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ???

Offline armpump

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 06:09:50 pm »
Waterproif equals no breath in my books

Offline Highsider

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vadar
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:25:07 pm »
The socks in the picture are a bit short for your typical boots.  The problem with waterproof is that they retain water and sweat.

It's not what you ride, it's how you ride...
KTM 990 Adventure '08
BMW R850R '95
KTM 525 EXC '04

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline fcprinsloo7@gmail.com

• Main MOEGOE...
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 07:41:59 am »
Like Highsider said. Once you put your foot down during the water crossing,  your stuffed! There will be no way for the water that flooded in at the top to escape.

Offline ktmkobus

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 07:57:13 am »
 :thumleft:  Obviously not the answer to my wrinkly feet woes.   :biggrin:

New boots is however out of the question for now.
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:24:05 am »
Like Highsider said. Once you put your foot down during the water crossing,  your stuffed! There will be no way for the water that flooded in at the top to escape.

This

I don't get the need for waterproof boots. It also means water cant get out.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline ktmkobus

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:32 am »
I'm not looking at a solution to counter submerging the boots completely, that happens very seldom.  It's when your boots is ankle deep in water (even walking through a stream crossing), it seeps in and you have to ride with wet feet the rest of the day.  Waterproof socks should keep your feet dry and the water can find its way out the boot again through the same route it came in, or something like this.

-David Livingstone-

Offline Jehan

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »
ktmkobus, ek dink ons hier in die Kaap is gesort en hoef nie te worry oor nat voete nie.  Hier is nie water nie.   :-\ :'( :lol8:

Nee, ek weet wat jy bedoel.  Sal self wil weet waar kry n man so n paar sokkies.   :thumleft: :thumleft:
If you want a real dog, get a Neapolitan Mastiff