Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike transport  (Read 904 times)

Offline King Louis

Bike transport
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:32:52 am »
I used SBBH / Brandon Doyle to pick up my GSA in George to be delivered to me in Jozi. It was collected but now I struggle to find out where it is and when I can get it. Does anybody have any news about Brandon? This is not a thread to discuss his company or to run it down, but I do need my bike for my next trip in 10 days and I still need to repair it. He does not answer his cell, he does not answer messages, he does not get back on whatsapp, neither does he reply to e-mails. Anybody can shed some light on this?

Offline ethanvr

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Bike transport
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:59 am »
King Louis,

I've sent you a PM.

Offline AfricaOffroad

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • + a few Honda CR500s
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:28:39 am »
Ha ha I had the same experience with Brandon a few months ago.
He must be one of the most unlucky guys around given the long list of issues he gave me as a reason for his non communication.

Here are 2 numbers I have for him

2017 KTM 350 Six Day
2018 Husqvarna TE 300
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline GRIM

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:40:08 am »
Messaged you on Facebook.

I also had the same issues with him just before Christmas, had to go collect my bike myself from his house.
I wouldn't recommend using him at all...

Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:48:31 am »
King Louis - I too PM'd you earlier with a suggested fix'...

Africa Offroad & Grim; thanks both for updating your experiences - we (as a bike store) get a good few requests for bike transporters, and it's good to know who NOT to use.

So thanks  :thumleft:

Chris & team
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline King Louis

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:54 pm »
thanks guys, all replies and pms appreciated. Things "seem" to be happening, I located someone who knows him. Apparently I should have my bike soon. I do hope so. Will let you know about the outcome.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:48:49 pm »
Thats poor form
Why cant people communicate anymore?
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline manxkipper

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 03:03:29 pm »
More often than not it isn't "can't" but 'won't".

Offline King Louis

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 08:44:08 am »
Just a bit of feedback. I felt like a private investigator to track him down, via fb and the Wilddogs. Amazing what information you can get these days via social media. A special thank you to ethanvr who managed to inform myself when the van was back at his place, needless to say that I was at his place an hour later to confront him. Lots of excuses and apologies, in the end the bike is now back with me. If that would have happened without all the info supplied to me and physically going there I do not know.

Story ends here and I'll leave it at that.

The following users thanked this post: BruceS

Offline Chili Dog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • Remember. Your unique....like everyone else.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 08:00:16 pm »
Guys,
I'm so sorry you have had issues with Brandon's service. I know him through another friend and know he had some bad luck and had started his business. I wanted to help him and obviously recommend him to fellow dogs on another thread on this forum. I did recently hear other stories of poor behavior on his part I will be retracting my recommendation. It pisses me off that my own good name becomes tarnished by attempting to help someone become a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people are like Slinky's! Good for nothing, but still bring a big smile to you face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline UC27

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Live generously...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 06:42:27 am »
I used SBBH / Brandon Doyle to pick up my GSA in George to be delivered to me in Jozi. It was collected but now I struggle to find out where it is and when I can get it. Does anybody have any news about Brandon? This is not a thread to discuss his company or to run it down, but I do need my bike for my next trip in 10 days and I still need to repair it. He does not answer his cell, he does not answer messages, he does not get back on whatsapp, neither does he reply to e-mails. Anybody can shed some light on this?

By the time this thread was published, I had already paid SBBH/ Brandon to collect a bike from me and deliver to the new owner. I had hoped that my experience would be more positive than those who previously had poor service from him. Suffice it to say that I will never use this company again and I will not recommend him to anybody else. I won't go into the details here but am happy to answer any questions via PM.
A word of thanks to King Louis, ethanvr and GRIM for your willingness to help  :thumleft:
"When you find your authentic and unapologetic 'I Am', your whole world changes around you because you have absolutely nothing to prove, only to share." - Mia Michaels

Offline DaveT

• Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • This is my personal text
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 06:21:42 am »
Gents is there anyone that can help me? Discovered this thread too late otherwise I would obviously have used another company.

No contact with him for the last two days. He doesnt answer his phone, messages, Whatsapps. My bike was collected last Saturday in Nelspruit and still not in Cape Town

Offline Noneking

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 06:30:39 am »
Gents is there anyone that can help me? Discovered this thread too late otherwise I would obviously have used another company.

No contact with him for the last two days. He doesnt answer his phone, messages, Whatsapps. My bike was collected last Saturday in Nelspruit and still not in Cape Town
Not good to hear!!!
My 990 was nearly on that trip!! Brandon was bringing it from PTA to Nelspruit and said he had to pick up a bike here for someone. Luckily a friend had to pick up bikes in pta and had one open spot for me. Bullet dodged??

That being said.....
I used Brandon a couple of years ago to take 2x HP2s to Cape Town. Service and communication was top notch. Recently a friend bought @Lem’s GS and Brandon  transported it to Nelspruit from Cape Town. My friend commented that service was great!
2007 KTM 990 S
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline DaveT

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 06:37:34 am »
NK, hy het Saterdag opgetel by Hennie. Sou Sondag aflaai. Sondag word Maandag, Maandag word Dinsdag en toe verdwyn hy van die radar...

Ek het nou nog 'n nommer hier opgespoor en gaan hom netnou op die nommer bel.

Offline DaveT

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 06:39:26 am »
I used SBBH / Brandon Doyle to pick up my GSA in George to be delivered to me in Jozi. It was collected but now I struggle to find out where it is and when I can get it. Does anybody have any news about Brandon? ....He does not answer his cell, he does not answer messages, he does not get back on whatsapp, neither does he reply to e-mails. Anybody can shed some light on this?

Exactly the same behaviour

Offline Noneking

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 06:41:31 am »
NK, hy het Saterdag opgetel by Hennie. Sou Sondag aflaai. Sondag word Maandag, Maandag word Dinsdag en toe verdwyn hy van die radar...

Ek het nou nog 'n nommer hier opgespoor en gaan hom netnou op die nommer bel.
Ek was Saterdag daar by Hennie net na hy opgetel het. Jammer man, dis niks lekker nie! Heelwat klagtes al gehoor waar die tipe ouens ń trip bly uitstel totdat hulle vol load het om bv Kaap toe te gaan. As iemand kanselleer dan hou hulle trip terug totdat dit finansieel vir hule sin maak.

Hoop dit word gou uitgesort, ek gaan hom ook probeer kontak
2007 KTM 990 S
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline DaveT

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 06:50:42 am »
 :thumleft:

Offline Wayne

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 06:59:18 am »
Unbelievable that 2.5 years later and he still gives crappy client service. How is he even still in business?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline grimrowe

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 09:19:16 am »
https://www.facebook.com/Capemotoassist/?ref=py_c

Local biker (Cape Town)

Have not used him but many others have including bike shops and they seem to give him repeat business, so would think they receive good service.

Offline EssBee

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 09:51:36 am »
I used BD in Sept 2017 with NO issues.....ok, long time ago.