Check you Airbox - DL1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
My beloved DL1000 made it to 250 000 km

On Saturday I serviced my bike and check the airfilter, when I opened the Airbox and removed the Air filter I found the foam type filter in the Airbox from the Breather had disintegrated and filled the airbox with pieces of hard plastic, which had been sucked into the engine. I cleaned this out and put everything back together but the damage had already been done. that foam stuff is rock hard like grains of sand.

Yesterday my bikes motor seized up on me on the way to work. Oil level was fine the day before, I didn't notice any smoke while riding it however when I drained the oil yesterday I only got about 1 liter out of her. the oil light also didn't come on.

I was riding when I noticed a noise, I pulled over about 1km later but its too late she refused to start as the engine is locked up.

I'm busy stripping the motor out to see what the actual damage is but there is a good chance she will never ride again.