F800 Side Stand Foot Enlarger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Gents',

Steve a mate of mine down here in PMB asked me to make him a side stand enlarger for his F 800,

To cover the cost I asked the Laser guys to cut me as many as they can for their minimum charge and are hoping to swap them here on WD for some beer money.

Please let me know if it tickles your fancy, we'll sort the pricing out and swaps once the batch are made, in the bike stuff for sale section.

Some details:

Material: 4.5 mm 304 Stainless Steel
Design is a single plate with 3  holes already pre-drilled and tapped M5 to be mounted flush under your existing side stand foot.
It increases the foot area to more than double the original size
Incorporate a serrated easy kick open edge for deployment
And utilize the space between the side stand and the swing arm keeping the side stand foot profile as low as possible when it is in the up position and you are negotiating a tight rut or rocky section
I like neat simple minimalistic designs that are fit for purpose and don't add unnecessary weight or create hang up space for mud and places for rust to fester.
You or your best mate need to locate mark up and drill 3 X 5.5 mm holes thru your existing side stand base plate and then fastened  the with  3 S/S domed cap screws supplied with the plate and trim the screws flush before reinstalling the stand on the bike

I'll post some pictures as they arrive fitted to Steve's bike etc here a pic of the design showing the installation alignment markings and hole positions

Enjoy the weekend,
Hennie

Attachments

• F800Foot.jpg
    F800Foot.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 302