Winterberg Get Together 10 & 11 March 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACOVV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Details are as follows:

DATE : 10 & 11 March 2018

CLOSING DATE:  Midnight 07 March 2018.

VENUE : Winterberg Clubhouse  S32 30.394 E26 21.388  https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-32.5022776,26.351812,341m/data=!3m1!1e3

This is an informal get together. 

All proceeds  of the event is to be donated to the old age home in Fort Beaufort (Thatcher Home).  Our hosts have offered a Package hereunder. You can choose to come along and do your own thing.  The package looks reasonable and I therefore suggest you take the package to make things easier for all.

COST : R350.00 per person 
PAYMENT DETAILS:  L J van Vuuren – Capitek Savings Account Number 1402017357  Branch Code: 470010

FOR THIS YOU GET:
A Memories and thoughts for one day when you are old (Saturday and Sunday)

B One night camping (Saturday) Plenty space for that.  Ablutions facilities cater for 30 sites which work out to approx. 90 people which are fitted with electric geysers, so no problem with hot water unless you shower for longer than 5 minutes.  They are also stocked with toilet paper.
If you don't have a tent, you can sleep in the hall . . . . There are no chalets etc.  The kitchen floor is also OK – ask me, I know.  :lol8:

C Saturday evening – Spitbraai (Karoo Lamb), Bun & 3 Salads.

D Sunday morning – Breakfast - Sausage, Bacon, Pork Bangers, Scramble Egg, Muffins (for the BMW guys) and coffee that will be served in the dining hall from 07:00. 

E Buff & Sticker

F Various lucky draws – the BIG one is 1 night for 2 people at Intaba Lodge

There is a dining hall and bar that can seat enough people with enough chairs and tables. 
Cutlery and crockery will be provided. 
They have a well-stocked pub without any fancy drinks.  Obviously all beverages will be for your own account and their prices are very reasonable.

The Winterberg Club Members will have Hot Dogs for sale Saturday afternoon – please support them.

WHAT CAN YOU DO WHILE YOU WAIT FOR YOUR FOOD??
1.  Plenty routes to and from the venue.
2.  Ride Katbergpass as many times as you like.
3.  Bring along your fishing rods for the Saturday.
4.  Take a hike to the Boesman paintings.
5.  Chill.
6.  Sleep.

Visarend and myself will keep record of payments made, so all updates will take place in the 1st 3 posts.

You need to pre-pay to facilitate catering arrangements.

COME AND HAVE A JOL AT THE WINTERBERG CLUBHOUSE

If you want to camp and braai at the spot on Friday night, you are welcome to do so @ R50pp - contact / sms me @ 083 234 4192.