Suspension Upgrade on AFrica Twins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlingKing

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi Guys,

I didn't' want to pen this before because unlike others I wait until our products have proven themselves in our conditions before I boast hard about them.
Although, I don't really have t as I have not had a negative about the performance of either the Wilbers, TFX or Hagon products that I have been importing and supplying since 2008!
We have done several WILBERS Progressive fork spring upgrades on the CRF1000 AT with resounding success. The OEM suspension is a bit too soft for our conditions and the way we ride. Even you only commute on your AT it dives too much braking.
The WILBERS Progressive fork upgrade along with the advanced synthetic fork oil and the corrected air gap that we use makes a huge improvement to the handling of the bike. The progressive windings of the fork spring take care of the high speed compression like corrugations/ruts/rocks/speed humps/potholes etc., diminishing the risk of smileys and dents in your rims. The rest of the windings are of a better nM strength than the OEM ones and also prevent the bike diving and bottoming out so much.
The biggest problem with the internals of the AT forks is that there is a solid tube that constitutes nearly half of the forks travel. This in a modern day bike still amazes me TBH but that is how it is. When I asked at the factory why the replacement spring cannot be made longer to compensate for the solid metal they said that it will diminish the rebound and compression performance of the spring - oh well - we accept that as what it is!
Just as a side line our springs are cheaper and easier to get than other brands like Hyperpro and easily as good or way better in terms of performance.

As for the back, well let's just say the OEM shock doesn't match up o the way we ride here in SA. I have had a lot of reports and complaints of people bottoming out and jarring on harsh roads as well as the shock being a bit "bouncy" which indicates to me bad rebound performance.
Fit a WILBERS Adjustline rear shock which is built in Germany to your/pillion/luggage weights and your ride style and you will have a perfect solution and will amaze you in the difference in the handling both on and off road.
This is a copy of a post on Facebook from a happy customer, if you want some of the same please get hold of us rather on:
[email protected]
011 2348161 or 082 450 8878

"A shout out to Denver Dablingking Biggs on his Birthday.
Denver convinced me to install the Wilbers Suspension upgrade on my Honda Africa Twin with the offer of a money back guarantee if I was not completely satisfied.

Well after a proper test ride Up and Down Sani Pass in Lesotho and some serious tar and gravel riding, I have to say that I am blown away by the difference the Wilbers suspension has made.
Also Denver went out of his way to get my bike ready for the Sani trip despite being let down by his supplier.

Thanks Denver for a superb product and great service. "

🌚 and