Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Brutal bike crash :(  (Read 8450 times)

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal bike crash :(
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2018, 02:11:59 pm »
Ag nee wat. EK se niks nuuts nie. Vee eerder uit wat ek geskryf het
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:14:00 pm by Blou Zebu »
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2018, 02:14:18 pm »
Unfortunately this accident is just a typical Sunday morning on Helshoogte and Franschhoek pass..........  :-\

aint that the truth.. okes wipe themselves out all the time on both stretches

R.I.P Rider, never nice to see. Unsettles the mind.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Aka Sprocket Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2018, 04:03:51 pm »
Must say these bikes have a way of getting the blood pumping in your veins like few other things in life...... lets not forget how fast these things can accelerate and it only takes a moment to get yourself into major trouble..... Riders never intentionally plan to drift into oncoming traffic or make any other mistake for that matter. ....

Sometimes things go wrong, judgements are made in a split second and sometimes s$it happens, most times we can get away with life flashing before our eyes, sometimes there is no coming back at all........... and if we are honest most of us have done some sort of same and got away with it to live to ride another day..... some don't!

ALWAYS sad, never nice to hear and I always feel for the family and others involved..........ride with respect for your bike, others, your ability and live to ride another day always...

Long live the Underdog.........

The following users thanked this post: subie

Offline Offside

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2018, 04:05:53 pm »

Not nice. However I think we would all be a little less sympathetic had some youngster been taken out heading home in their Getz.
Ultimate price for being irresponsible.

Offline Hentie06

• Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2018, 08:35:08 am »
The issue here is - you can be 18 get your learners and climb on a BMW 1000 RR or Yamaha R1 and ride it out the showroom.
And that's what a lot of people do.

This has been mentioned before, my point that you can write a test and throw your leg over a 1000cc beast. Not much to be done to eradicate road deaths on motorcycles but it might be a good idea to first get your licence, like with a car before taking to the road? And maybe add a more intensive course for obtaining a valid motorcycle licence? Also doing the test with a friends/riding school's 150 Honda and then jumping back on the R1. I remember when I wrote my test and had to travel the N1 in morning traffic the next morning, or my first gravel road.

End of the day another fellow lost, it remains every rider's responsibility to ensure he is equipped, experienced and well trained before pushing the boundries.
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2018, 10:32:39 am »
The issue here is - you can be 18 get your learners and climb on a BMW 1000 RR or Yamaha R1 and ride it out the showroom.
And that's what a lot of people do.

This has been mentioned before, my point that you can write a test and throw your leg over a 1000cc beast. Not much to be done to eradicate road deaths on motorcycles but it might be a good idea to first get your licence, like with a car before taking to the road? And maybe add a more intensive course for obtaining a valid motorcycle licence? Also doing the test with a friends/riding school's 150 Honda and then jumping back on the R1. I remember when I wrote my test and had to travel the N1 in morning traffic the next morning, or my first gravel road.

End of the day another fellow lost, it remains every rider's responsibility to ensure he is equipped, experienced and well trained before pushing the boundries.

Dit sal ook baie help as die lisensie toets enige iets te doen het met bike ry. Volgens my, ek het my lisensie in 2011 gekry, beteken die toets niks, jy leer geen bruikbare tegnieke nie

Offline Stofdonkie

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2018, 10:41:20 am »

Dit sal ook baie help as die lisensie toets enige iets te doen het met bike ry. Volgens my, ek het my lisensie in 2011 gekry, beteken die toets niks, jy leer geen bruikbare tegnieke nie

Ek stem ... hulle toets of jy die voertuig kan ry en nooit of jy 'n pad kan gebruik nie.

Te veel mense op SA paaie met min of geen aanvoeling vir padgedrag nie.
Carpe BM.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2018, 10:43:14 am »

Every crash resulting in serious injury or death is a tragedy, regardless of who is at fault and why.  I just remains a tragedy.

A problem in SA is that we seem to take less and less responsibility for ourselves.  Yes, a better licensing system or better policing, or better training will help, but it cannot replace common sense and accepting responsibility for your own safety.  Somehow that needs to be instilled.
.#BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: AfricaOffroad, frankmac, Hentie06

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • View Profile
    • This is it.
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48:36 am »
Ek glo nog steeds die huidige lisensie toets is wat eintlik die toets moet wees om jou learners te kry.
Maak seker jy kan wegtrek en stop en die fiets hanteer in beheersde omstandighede.

Toe ek my 'groot motorfiets lisensie' in '93 gekry het het die 'spietkop' agter my aangery met sy motirfiets van die vekeersafdeling tot by die toetsterrein. Ten minste kon hy dan kyk hoe ek myself hanteer in die verkeer.
Hulle het ook toe vir 'n klein tydjie die lisensie verander na kode 1,2 en 15 - 1 was 50cc, 2 was tot 250 (as ek reg onthou) en 15 was bo 250cc. Ek het 'n pel se 550 Four geleen

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline BikerJan

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2018, 11:02:44 am »
Ek glo nog steeds die huidige lisensie toets is wat eintlik die toets moet wees om jou learners te kry.
Maak seker jy kan wegtrek en stop en die fiets hanteer in beheersde omstandighede.

Toe ek my 'groot motorfiets lisensie' in '93 gekry het het die 'spietkop' agter my aangery met sy motirfiets van die vekeersafdeling tot by die toetsterrein. Ten minste kon hy dan kyk hoe ek myself hanteer in die verkeer.
Hulle het ook toe vir 'n klein tydjie die lisensie verander na kode 1,2 en 15 - 1 was 50cc, 2 was tot 250 (as ek reg onthou) en 15 was bo 250cc. Ek het 'n pel se 550 Four geleen

Die probleem met die K53 toets is dat dit meer gaan oor die plekke wat jy moet "observe" as oor of jy kan motorfiets ry, en of jy enige idee het oor watter lyne die veilige lyne is deur draaie ( Buitekant van die draai altyd), en hoe jy na ander verkeer moet kyky nie.

Jy doen die toets op 'n 250 cc, kom deur, koop 'n 1000 cc RR op 18 jarige ouderdom en skryf jouself en 'n gesin af 5 minute later op 'n bergpas!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:26 am »

Ek stem ... hulle toets of jy die voertuig kan ry en nooit of jy 'n pad kan gebruik nie.

'n Toets gaan niks verander nie. Ek sien elke dag opgevoede hoŽ middel klas mense in duur karre wat oor rooi robotte ry, in toue in druk, tussen bane jaag, vrouens intimideer, bikers af sny etc

'n P*#s is 'n P#$s al sit hy op 'n perd ne oom Eugene?
Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy

The following users thanked this post: MickeyT, Hentie06

Offline BikerJan

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2018, 11:09:39 am »

'n Toets gaan niks verander nie. Ek sien elke dag opgevoede hoŽ middel klas mense in duur karre wat oor rooi robotte ry, in toue in druk, tussen bane jaag, vrouens intimideer, bikers af sny etc

'n P*#s is 'n P#$s al sit hy op 'n perd ne oom Eugene?

Stem saam Dwerg, gaan baie oor ons as Suid Afrikaners se ingesteldheid, uitkyk op die lewe, eiegeregtigheid en onverdraagsaamheid. Ek diink egter dit is onverantwoordelik om 'n 18 jarige persoon op 'n superbike te sit, en te verwag dat hy veilig gaan bestuur, as die vereistes van 'n lisensie GEEN basiese rytegnike of veiligheids tegnieke leer nie

Offline Stofdonkie

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:00 am »
Vraag is: hoe toets jy dit?

Hoe toets jy of iemand soos 'n vark gaan ry sodra hy sy papiere gekry het?
Carpe BM.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • View Profile
    • This is it.
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2018, 11:30:18 am »

Jy kan nie.

En sad to say is daar 'n geweldige hoeveelheid ryers wat elkgeval nie worry oor dinge soos lisensies nie.
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

The following users thanked this post: Stofdonkie

Offline BikerJan

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2018, 11:32:34 am »

Mens kan dit nooit toets nie, behalwe om die spoed en krag van fietse slegs beskikbaar te stel aan mense wat sekere ry kursusse voltooi het?

Mens kan nie attitude verander nie, maar wel aptitude, deur ten minste te toets of die persoon die nodige skills het om die bike te kan ry wat hy wil koop?

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2018, 11:45:07 am »

I don't think that's the point.. the point is that we have a race track in most major cities.. they should write the learners and be able to at least show they can ride. in SA you can go write a learners and legally be able to ride on the road without having ANY skill or ability to do so.

When my kid turned 10 I got him his 1st bike, he rode offroad until he was 16 then got a 125.. he is now 18 and has never had an accident or fallen off his bike. Unlike most of his friends at school who got on a bike for the 1st time at 16 and proceeded to show off .. literally everyone of them ended up in hospital with mommy and daddy selling the bike.

I would like to see the rules changed regarding licencing but before that happens I would like to see gov departments sort out their massive incompetence.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

The following users thanked this post: Hentie06

Offline bud500

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »

I would like to see the rules changed regarding licencing but before that happens I would like to see gov departments sort out their massive incompetence.

There's the crux I think.
In Aus, getting your fullblown permanent bike license takes about 3 years when starting from scratch. Their test for your probation license takes a full day of theory and practical tests, after attending courses. Once you pass, you still only qualify for a limited range of bikes in a certain power:weight category. I think this limit is imposed for 18 months, whereafter you can move up if you have a clean record.
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Aka Sprocket Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:17 pm »
Please lets not make it more difficult than it already is to get a licence....... do we want MORE riders on the roads without licences?....... ???

Rather encourage rider training and get more shops/manufacturers like Fire-it-Up to include training/licencing to new riders (excuse the punting, not intentional)...

Those who want to race on the road without licence/training will do so irrespective.......
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:46 pm »

In Aus, getting your fullblown permanent bike license takes about 3 years when starting from scratch. Their test for your probation license takes a full day of theory and practical tests, after attending courses. Once you pass, you still only qualify for a limited range of bikes in a certain power:weight category. I think this limit is imposed for 18 months, whereafter you can move up if you have a clean record.

That's exactly what I was referring to.. in SA as most know the restriction is only there from 16 years old to 18 years old.. I fully agree that a 30 year old getting a bike for the 1st time should be restricted in the same way

Offline Rough Rider

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2018, 12:33:26 pm »

That's exactly what I was referring to.. in SA as most know the restriction is only there from 16 years old to 18 years old.. I fully agree that a 30 year old getting a bike for the 1st time should be restricted in the same way

I had a guy in his 50's come and have a look at my 150HP FZ1 when I sold it. He brought his girlfriend's son to test ride the bike as he was a complete beginner and could not ride. While his friend was test riding the bike I warned him that the bike was not a beginners bike. He did not buy the bike and I'm not sure if I would have sold it to him, but he did buy something similar and I heard was killed not long after.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM