Looking for a bike that can do it all...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
It has become clear that I need to venture back into the world of biking (it has been 5 years since I stopped) as a result of our commuting conundrum.  Travel is 22km one way and on a good day it takes us an hour with a car. Normally 90 minutes and lately two hours. This is Bellville to Pinelands and back.  Train is out of the question currently.  Leaving earlier is also not an option as we leave the house at 06:00 already  :mad:

So the bike idea enters...

It will be for two fuller bodied persons 50% of the time, the rest of the time just me. It has to be able to carry 220kg (pillion and rider).
Some fun weekends and be able to do some gravel highways (no funny stuff) without scaring the beejesus out of me as I am quite in touch with my riding abilities and I know I am not a riding god  :-[
It must be comfortable on tar as it will probably spend the majority of its time there and must easy to ride. Good balance and seat not to high because I do not want to look like that lady cop :)
I will probably finance it so it cannot be to old. I really do not want to spend more than R80K.

I have my eye on a Honda NC750X with DCT box - will that be sufficient?

Suggestions welcome  :ricky: