Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ADVICE CLOTHING COLOR  (Read 343 times)

Offline NEON DEON

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • View Profile
ADVICE CLOTHING COLOR
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:20:55 am »
Could I ask for some advice re the best color option for jacket and pants . Black has always been no1 , but these days one has option and grey and light silver are options as well. Showed my partner the kit as I liked the DMD stuff  in grey / black . She said its not nice and will show / get dirty quick. Black is best option but can roast one medium rare  :pot: , in high temp rides , winter is no problem .
As mentioned I like the DMD Kalahari grey/black  , Spiritt jackets are nice as well , and then top of the pile is the ALPINE STAR kit , just a tad on the expensive side , mite bite the bullet and but it in stages , first jacket and then pants .
Last question , short or long jacket ? I prefer short , but would like some input from experience  .
I have a box full of kit , mostly  roadbike , leathers , and some mx stuff . but nothing close to adventure kit .

Offline Roadhawg

Re: ADVICE CLOTHING COLOR
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:13:11 am »
Kinda depends on the riding you're planning I guess.  I have a road oriented mesh jacket for summer with basic armor for if I'm riding to work.  A KTM Rallye jacket with armour for winter and a Leatt Enduro jacket with no armor but with removeable arms, hydration pocket and about a million pockets which is awesome for long trips, if a bit warm (with the armour suit underneath).

I also ue the mesh ajcket even for offroad rides in the height of summer, I'd rather be comfortable than fashionable haha

Stu
1190 Adventure R

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 11:17:00 am »
Sorry, summer jacket is black (Why I have no idea...Youd think summer cjaket should automatically be lighter color)
KTM jacket....Well....KTM Orange/white/black
Enduro Jacket olive green

Stu
1190 Adventure R

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:19 pm »
I’ve got a Spirit adv suit,good ventilation with all the protection(knee,back,shoulder,elbow)place for hydration pack,and all the removal winter stuff.did I mention it grey and lumo green?comes in red too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Online ktmkobus

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:32:27 pm »
Here's my take on your question:

- Buy what you like, irrespective of the color.  You'll be happier in your first choice pret pakkie.
- Look for air flow opposed to color.  You're riding in it, not visiting the mall.
- Go for a long jacket, they have more pockets = more space = more useless gadgets to take with = makes man happy
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

The following users thanked this post: Laban, Dupie2

Offline AfricaOffroad

• Bike: BMW (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 03:18:31 pm »
I always buy light colored riding kit - road or off-road.
In our hot African climate it helps reflect the Suns heat, rather than absorbing it like a black body would
2006 KTM 950 SM
2017 KTM 500 XCW
2018 Husqvarna TE 300

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 03:20:27 pm »
Personally, I like subdued shades of pink and amethyst.  :peepwall:
the air is cooler and more petroleum-distillate infused in a garage, this clarifies the mind and helps with the understanding of all things mechanical. In contrast, air in the house carries the latent bi-products of sanitation chemicals and room air fresheners. This, in turn, causes the testicles to retreat slightly, reducing mechanical aptitude by an order of magnitude. Then again, maybe it's just that the beer fridge is in the garage.

The following users thanked this post: RobC, Laban, NEON DEON

Offline ISINYONI

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Ask for forgiveness, not permission
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:27 am »
I gave up on the traditional black a long time ago so that I would be able to keep cooler. Even in winter riding, there's often a warm sun and there are other ways to stay warm.

Nowadays, I ride with BMW City Pany (I have denim and gray), and I use one of three jackets depending on the ride and conditions - light blue / medium blue / yellow luminescent type.

Helmets are also all light colours.

R1200GSA
F800GSA
Previous:- R650GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1150GSA, R1200GSA,R1200GSA,K1200LT

Offline africana

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 10:33:00 am »
Have the greay and white Mica jacket - looks awesome but you look like something crawled out of a hole in the ground after a day's hard riding.

NOt good if you use the same jacket to see clients with like I did for a short time until I bought a black jacket.

Stick to black or dark colors my advice. Not that hot - Alpinestars jacket ventilation awesome with short gloves  :biggrin: - you are going to be hot in any case, doesn't matter what you are wearing, with (preferably of course) or with our armour!

Second the advice on the long jackets - you ride an adventure bike not a speed bike!
Honesty is very expensive. Don't expect it from cheap people.
Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened. Dr Seuss.
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see’
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • WAT KYK JY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 01:26:21 pm »
I've been using the DMD Kalahari jackets for years. Nice functional jacket, but they fade. The black/grey goes purple, and my red one is pink. So you get two colours for the price of one, if you keep it long enough. My next one will be the blue/black.
A F'ugly is a different sort of bike, the 1150 is boring and the 1100s makes me smile.

...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !