Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Quarry Jol with a"Lekker"ride Sunday 25th february New and experienced riders  (Read 344 times)

Offline ALLEN I

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • View Profile
So a few "Ous" have tuned me that they also want to go and play in the Quarry, so ive organized a little run for newbies and experienced riders again. Same rout we did  a few months ago, the "Ous" enjoyed it, so we will cruise it again. Meet at Die Stoep cnr Zambeezi and Visvanger street Montana at 10h00. Route is basically down Zambeezi road, left into Kameelfontein, left to spruit bit of sand, cross Moloto road , follow train spoer, "Lekker" little twee spoor, go under a water drain to gravel road to Quarry, if you "Ous" want to bring the missus and kids with cool as theirs a easier route for them to get there with a bakkie or car, daughter will be going with her bakkie. Bring own dop and stuff to graze. The route is about 25km long.
Check short RR The Dinosaur, The Quarry, The newbies and mud mud mud.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Let me no if interested or put in your name.You welcome to Pm me or ph  082 754 7734
Allen

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:41:31 pm by ALLEN I »
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it fore 40years  (that's life)
Born a Biker, Live like a Biker, Die a Biker

Offline ALLEN I

• View Profile
List.18th
Allen I
Albert
Jonty
Natasha
Zannie

List 25th
Allen I
Albert
Jonty
Natasha
Zannie
Bill P

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:01:33 am by ALLEN I »
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it fore 40years  (that's life)

Offline Bill p

Lekker in for the 25th

Offline ALLEN I

• View Profile
Lekker Cous

Offline ALLEN I

• View Profile
Hi Guys. So a wee bit of disappointment. Bloody clutch cable snapped on me yesterday, Honda aint got one in stock, so unfortunately the Quarry ride this Sunday the18th aint gonna take place, Will get a new cable made up on Monday, next weeks ride to Quarry def on. Apologies.
Allen i

Offline wiledog_X

flip, would've liked to join next weekend, but i've got a trail run race on sunday. enjoy the ride!  :thumleft:
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline ALLEN I

• View Profile
flip, would've liked to join next weekend, but i've got a trail run race on sunday. enjoy the ride!  :thumleft:

Will do thanks mate, enjoy your run   ;D ;D :ricky: :ricky:

Offline ALLEN I

• View Profile
So we've had some "Lekker" rain and such, just what we neeed for the Quarry ride.  ;D ;D ;D We will be at the stoep about 09h30 gonna take a portable Braai with so if any of you "Ous" wanna braai some meat. cooool.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT225
    • View Profile
Looked at your quarry on Google Earth. It's quite an impressive hole with a lot of riding there. Enjoy!

You might have noticed a long-running "Quarry" thread here in Cape Town. There used to be a lekker little quarry to play in but it was rudely filled in a few years ago. The area is still called The Quarry, and there's a lot of lekker, mostly sand riding to be had there.