Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kalahari Rally  (Read 8201 times)

Offline RyanI

Re: Kalahari Rally
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2018, 10:05:48 am »
Question:

So RKB is back on track but it is clear he missed something. Does that mean a penalty?
BMW850GS (2018)

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2018, 10:10:11 am »
I don't think that was a CP. Would only be an issue I think if he misses a cp or "cut and run" which he didn't do
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:21 am »
Lyndon made a nav mistake heading toward the Dam. Backtracking now. Martin Louwrens and Ross branch seem on track.

Edit: I see Lyndon met up with Rkb now.
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2018, 11:02:41 am »
Lyndon must be flying today. Looks like RKB lost quite a bit of time somewhere.

The following users thanked this post: AlexRG

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2018, 12:04:14 pm »
Ross Branch, Martin Louwrens and Gary Pretorius leading the field on bikes. Marcel Breytenbach showed 4th at cp3 but his live tracking is stationary and have been for a while. RKb seem right there with them on live tracking as well. Not showing up at cp3 yet. I wonder if there are some tracker issues.

Lyndon must have got lost or had bike trouble somewhere. Waaay behind.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2018, 12:08:31 pm »
The route is quite confusing to follow/figure out today on live tracking for me.

Looking at some of the movements I get the idea that navigation is very tricky today.

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2018, 12:34:46 pm »
What I cant figure out is how to go back and see previous days results. Many guys on facebook post this but the resolution is so kak that it cant be ready easily.

Anyone have a better idea?

Maybe those are from the notifications posted on the kalahari rally website? Or maybe there is an app?

It seems as if the GEOTRAQ system only show the 'current' info.  I even tried the 'back door' without any success.  >:D
They still new in this game. Hopefully will improve with time.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2018, 01:06:09 pm »
Looking at tracking it seems RKB is completely lost now? He's missed one CP according to the Live Results.

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2018, 01:21:52 pm »
A lot is losing it today.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Buff

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2018, 01:59:29 pm »
The nav. must be really challenging out there today. Martin was running with Ross for most of the stage but then got lost and he's gone and lost a huge amount of time. Ross is finished and he's still out there in the wilderness  :-\ Lyndon seems to be struggling as well.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2018, 02:03:45 pm »
The preceding days people mostly seemed on track and only a few times I noticed guys going off route then realising soon they've made a mistake, backtracking and correcting.

Today many riders and cars seemed all over the place.

Offline RyanI

« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2018, 02:12:49 pm »
Looks like the organisers had some fun with the route today:
BMW850GS (2018)

Offline Buff

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2018, 02:13:54 pm »
I think the opening stage were mostly running fence lines, if you zoom to the terrain now you can see how challenging the tracks are, there's paths going in all directions.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2018, 02:25:33 pm »
Ja I noticed that. I wonder if there were sections today that were maybe just straight cap headings. Doing a beeline in this type of terrain would be bloody hard I suspect.

Offline onderbroek

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • not a GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »

Lyndon doing his 2nd loop on this track as im typing this  :imaposer:
hak vrystaat

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2018, 02:46:34 pm »

Lyndon doing his 2nd loop on this track as im typing this  :imaposer:

Ja was watching that now. I wonder if there was some roadbook issue maybe? The car that was behind him went through there fast with no nav troubles.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2018, 02:52:14 pm »
Watching lyndon near the end here, he really must have had a horrible day nav wise. Saw him lost a bunch of times.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:54:30 pm by Kortbroek »

Offline Mooch

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
If in doubt, flat out.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2018, 03:42:34 pm »
Hehe, a true hard rally. Cancelled stages means Dakar level difficulty/endurance;  guys getting hopelessly lost, broken bikes, sore bodies.

Well done everyone & the organizers.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2018, 04:36:30 pm »
Looks like it was a great event. Curious to hear feedback from competitors regarding quality of organisation, roadbooks etc.

Hoping this can grow and keep going so I can go do it one day when my ship comes in.