Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kalahari Rally  (Read 708 times)

Offline Garth Roberts

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • RR500XC-RALLYE
    • View Profile
Re: Kalahari Rally
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 10:10:40 am »
Well Garth, wishing you all the best for the preparations. Trusting you will get all the permissions and permits without too much hassle and that your road book guy is good.

Hopefully the pre-runners will be a good while before the actual event otherwise it will just be a case of following tracks!  ;D

Hi Bud,

The standards procedures i.r.o. FIA etc will always be followed , like I said Mike have been organising Maf 1000/500 for over 30yrs and myself since 1998..
so no short cuts! The road books are drawn up by 2 people and pre run 3 times with different pre runners, aside from that, there's a pre run team 2 days ahead of
each stage done by Simon Schimmel-Dutch (done more  ralles than we can count). We have also partnered with a very experienced inernationl rally timing and tracking company that will also officiate on teh rally and very experinced in rally...so no gps timing.

Hope this helps!
cheers Garth

Offline charliepappa

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Life's a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 04:15:38 pm »
 :thumleft:
R1100S Sport, R1200GS Adventure, R1100S Boxer Cup, F650GS, KTM 950 SE, R1200GS LC, Africa Twin DCT

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 11:42:42 pm »
Well Garth, wishing you all the best for the preparations. Trusting you will get all the permissions and permits without too much hassle and that your road book guy is good.

Hopefully the pre-runners will be a good while before the actual event otherwise it will just be a case of following tracks!  ;D

Hi Bud,

The standards procedures i.r.o. FIA etc will always be followed , like I said Mike have been organising Maf 1000/500 for over 30yrs and myself since 1998..
so no short cuts! The road books are drawn up by 2 people and pre run 3 times with different pre runners, aside from that, there's a pre run team 2 days ahead of
each stage done by Simon Schimmel-Dutch (done more  ralles than we can count). We have also partnered with a very experienced inernationl rally timing and tracking company that will also officiate on teh rally and very experinced in rally...so no gps timing.

Hope this helps!
cheers Garth

It does indeed, thanks for the feedback. Quite excited for you Garth. You are passionate about rallying that we know! Hopefully the pre-runners will keep the course to themselves as well.

Its tough business and South Africans are a negative bunch but we would love to help in whatever way we can. :thumleft:

Not sure I will have the chance to race this year but would love to do it. :ricky:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bikes: In transit   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

The following users thanked this post: Kevin_ZA

Online ktmkobus

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 06:31:07 am »
Website now live.  :ricky:

http://kalaharirally.com
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline melvman

• Bike: BMW F800GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 08:54:33 am »
 :sip:

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
    • View Profile