Orange River / Northern Cape / West Coast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWood

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
End of January I got to take my German visiter Andy on an 8 day adventure up to the Orange River from Cape Town. - WildWood Orange River Wild Ride ( Now including southern Namibia)
No amount of warning about how hot it was going to be could put him off and reluctantly I had to do the trip. Forecasts of over 50degrees only spurred him on. 

Well no need to worry as it never got over 30 degrees and we even had some beautiful rain in the Tankwa overnight and a splash in the morning.

Andy had been out to theses parts before when he joined one of my Kaokoland Odyssey Tours a year back and the Orange River pics had him back for more. For this trip he requested a personal tour just for him and to include a support van. He was serious about the riding. I've never had it this easy.

Day 1)
Tankwa Padstal, Cederberg and postal route to Stonehenge , Tankwa.
Lots of good riding, a visit to Tankwa Padstal, Cederberg Oasis and then some bushman rock art before the Eselfontein /Wupertal stretch and finally the old postal route to Tankwa. (sadly since I'd passed through the week before fires had ravaged most of the old post route from Biedouw to Karretjies pass and it looks like a nuclear disaster zone. )

Attachments

• ImQBKPXWRjW3nXMhrbf92w_thumb_451c.jpg
    ImQBKPXWRjW3nXMhrbf92w_thumb_451c.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 727
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4523.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4523.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 698
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4538.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4538.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 706