Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: mechanical workmanship caught on video  (Read 8581 times)

Offline boere

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
Re: mechanical workmanship caught on video
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:04 pm »
CANNOT open :patch: :patch:

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 03:42:49 pm »
I have to say that I am embarrased...

<snip>

...Bloody shame on you Yamaha dealership in Cape Town!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agreed. It's not about the bike. Or the woman. Or her voice. It's about the service they gave her.

Or lack thereof.

Offline Shaun500

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »
Incidents like this is just a mirror of a society we have become.  South African's think they are so great, in reality we are a nation of dumb farkups.  ::)

Offline Rascal

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 03:52:12 pm »
Best way too judge a bikeshop is the way they treat the customer with the 20k bike, not the one with the 250k bike.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:53:09 pm by Rascal »

The following users thanked this post: RobC, luv2ride

Offline Buff

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 03:54:58 pm »
Aha... dear Rosie again... wasn't she moaning about this POS she picked up for next to nothing when it fell apart at Oasis already?
If I'm not mistaken Helderberg Yamaha already responded to her complaints in a very well formulated letter on Social media.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:56:08 pm by Buff »
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 04:08:15 pm »
Hey guys, how about some patriotism here? Just a wee little bit, huh?

Great feeling to kick somebody and to join in the melee and continue kicking, even where the agent provocateur is not from our own. 

We do not know the background. What if they had helped her for free or at a reduced fee because she played the petite little woman card on them? What if she had made promises (direct or indirect) to them that, in return for reduced / free service she would promote their business on her blog or wherever (there is already a lot written about this where shysters con restaurants and hotels into giving them freebies for good reviews)? What if she had edited her footage exactly to suit this picture of (perceived) poor service? Bad news always sells better on blogs than good news or news of no consequence.

We donít know. We are only speculating and at best we are speculating on the version of someone who is trying to make a buck.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline ChristiaanJ

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 04:27:02 pm »
Hey guys, how about some patriotism here? Just a wee little bit, huh?

Great feeling to kick somebody and to join in the melee and continue kicking, even where the agent provocateur is not from our own. 

We do not know the background. What if they had helped her for free or at a reduced fee because she played the petite little woman card on them? What if she had made promises (direct or indirect) to them that, in return for reduced / free service she would promote their business on her blog or wherever (there is already a lot written about this where shysters con restaurants and hotels into giving them freebies for good reviews)? What if she had edited her footage exactly to suit this picture of (perceived) poor service? Bad news always sells better on blogs than good news or news of no consequence.

We donít know. We are only speculating and at best we are speculating on the version of someone who is trying to make a buck.
Who is making a buck in this case?

Kak service is kak service, whether you pay for it or not. If you can't, or don't want to do do it, then don't. But if you do, have some pride and self respect and do it properly FFS!

Can you imagine if these guys worked on someone's brakes?

This whole thing is not about a brand, nor motorcycle, nor man or woman. It is about shockingly kak service dished out at a motorcycle dealership, and some SAFFAS coming up and defending that bad service.

I wonder how many of the proponents of this dealership would have accepted the same level of service?

What happened to treating your guests well? Has South Africa become such an amazing country that we don't need to treat our visitors well? Or do we only treat them well when they have loads of money to spend?

Shocked by some of the responses, but I suppose it just proves my theory.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
Aha... dear Rosie again... wasn't she moaning about this POS she picked up for next to nothing when it fell apart at Oasis already?
If I'm not mistaken Helderberg Yamaha already responded to her complaints in a very well formulated letter on Social media.

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Yes it is that Rosie!!  The one with the POS XT660 that broke down at Cederberg Oasis  :snorting:

I dont trust her motives. It is all about sensationalism for her social media accounts.
Here she posted on Facebook saying how happy she is with Helderberg Yamaha on the
28th of January 2017  No issues here.

If she was so unhappy, why post such a picture with a positive message on Facebook?

a Year later she post a video about the so called bad work done by them.
Long after she is gone and got all her freebies and help........ :patch:
and she conveniently deleted a few of her Facebook posts to give the
story a different feeling.

Yes, the gear lever could've been checked before the bike was handed over, I agree about that.
But it is not as big a issue as it is being portrait.

Really guys, you should not get emotional about this.  It is really a stupid story.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:16:04 pm by Operator »

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 04:41:32 pm »
 :thumleft: Totally agree with you, ChristiaanJ.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:43:33 pm by Odd Dog »
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Brewed_Coffee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:49 pm »
I agree Christiaan.  As bystanders, we should look at the bigger picture. The dealership - yes that is absolute kuk on their part. 

Any proper mechie would have been taught, on any job, to check the parts and their fit before fitting them.  I remember that when my dad taught me how to replace brake pads and shoes. 

And on the level of perception of the dealership, the people, the country and it's people - her image will be tarnished forever!

R1200GSA
F800GSA
Previous:- R650GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1150GSA, R1200GSA,R1200GSA,K1200LT

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:25 pm »
Big hats off to the Cape Town Yamaha dealers for at least attempting to keep this mobile chicane of a Rosie off our roads. :pot: :pot:

Cautious to comment, as one can so easily miss something, but yes, to fit a crashbar and the client have to tell you that the gearlever now does not work anymore. ::)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »
I agree Christiaan.  As bystanders, we should look at the bigger picture. The dealership - yes that is absolute kuk on their part. 

Any proper mechie would have been taught, on any job, to check the parts and their fit before fitting them.  I remember that when my dad taught me how to replace brake pads and shoes. 

And on the level of perception of the dealership, the people, the country and it's people - her image will be tarnished forever!

In all fairness, Trump did warn her she's coming to a shithole!

Offline Ri

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:11 pm »
Can't speak for Rosie or whoever didn't test that gear lever, but I've only ever had the best service from that dealership. My bike had a lot of issues, and they went above and beyond trying to get it fixed, especially when trying to fix a crack in my bike's crank casing. They came highly recommended and never disappointed.

The first time I went to fetch my bike from them, it looked like a completely different bike, and it ran like a Swiss clock. That main mechanic some  people are slating in capital letters, took my every complaint to heart and tried his best to try fix everything. The dealer was always friendly and accommodating.

This is the same dealership who, for free, serviced and fixed up this bike and helped these lovely people on their way: http://themotorcyclehub.com/traveling-100000-kilometers-around-the-world-on-a-motorcycle/

There was a presentation at the dealership and we got to meet and chat with Ivanka and Manual after they'd done a slide show of their travels.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:51:56 pm by Ri »

Offline zacapa

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 08:13:50 pm »
I just get pissed off when I click on one of Rosie's YouTube vids - 99% of them anyway.- somehow always grating...
Sure there may be and have been issues out there but just cannot appreciate her way of view and manner of reporting. I prefer going along different vibes.
Firstly I don't rely on other people working on my bike, I do it myself. When I need to get a new rear tyre fitted I will keep an eye on the mechanic changing the tyre.
The wheel I will fit myself. OK - I can see where this is going. Youngish biker chick with little mechanical and spannering experience comes to SA and is surprised
by the crappiness of mechanical input offered by the so-called professionals. The rest is history. I cannot stand her voice or nosering either. I wish her well and maybe
one day she will get to be a biker full-circle properly.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:26:30 pm by zacapa »

The following users thanked this post: ktmmer

Offline Herklaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 08:32:06 pm »
 :sip: She just can't solve her problems and she really does not seem to know much about bikes, What about to start collecting butrerflies for a hobby?
If the gear lever is in the wrong possition fgs re-ajust it, you need to know the basics of a bike if you want to do long trips.
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.And, the latest 1989 Yamaha Super Tenere 750.

Offline ChristiaanJ

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 08:33:13 pm »
https://instagram.com/p/BfK5TT_H5O9/

Nice summary.

From what I can ascertain, she is talking to the head mechanic. Maybe she should have spoken to the service manager, but the way I see it, any workshop should give you a rundown of what you have requested be checked on the bike, what their findings of reported problems were and what work has been carried out.

Why she didn't speak to the mechanic that worked on the bike, I dont know, but logic tells me that there must be a reason that the head mechanic was involved.

Q1. They didn't do new brake lines. How are the brakes on this?
A1. I don't know, I wasn't involved with it personally.
C1. Maybe you should ask whichever mechanic from your dealership was, and get him involved in the conversation? What is the point of being the head mechanic if it isn't at least to take some leadership in the workshop?

Q2. Did you take it for a Test drive?
A2. No I didn't. I wasn't asked to.
C2. Maybe I am being silly here, but how will you pick up and report any problems on a vehicle if you don't take it for a Test drive? Who has to ask you to take the bike for a Test drive, the dealer/customer? Maybe as a head mechanic you should have some form of autonomy in your work, and maybe the dealership should - out of interest in customer satisfaction and safety - insist that bikes are test ridden to ensure they work correctly before they leave the dealership.

From what I gather is coming up in a subsequent video, this annoying woman that complains about "nothing" according to some, could figure out that there was a problem with the front end of the bike. The HEAD MECHANIC (Just for you RI ) could not find anything wrong after the customer insists that he take it for a test drive. What would we suppose that means about his level of skill as Head Mechanic?

The fact that you received good service from this dealership, does not detract from the fact that this woman received absolutely appalling service (Whether she laid for it or not). Good service is not something you give once or twice. It should be your company culture. Making sure a job is done correctly and thoroughly is not doing the customer a favour, it shows your character and the attitude of the leadership at your company.

What I am trying to get to, is our blatant acceptance of this kind of service as South Africans, all the while convincing ourselves that it is normal. It is for this exact reason that we will keep degenerating into 3rd world status, as there are no more voices demanding 1st world service or standards. This is no more true than the insane queues at all state departments, where it is simply accepted as the norm.

What is more worrying is the fact that this ineptness has crept further and further into the private sector, and if we don't show an intolerance for it, will become our culture.

Again, this is not a rant about any brand, particular company or person. It is about the crazy shit we allow companies to get away with without even questioning them (Hell, in some instances as we can see on this thread, some make excuses on their behalf and even go as far as criticizing the voices that dare complain about bad service).

Patriotism isn't hiding or making excuses for your countries flaws, it is wanting to change the bad things that are happening because you love your country and want it to be better.

1st step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:24:12 pm by ChristiaanJ »

The following users thanked this post: Omninorm

Offline Herklaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 08:33:37 pm »
 :sip: There is more than one side to every story.
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.And, the latest 1989 Yamaha Super Tenere 750.

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 08:41:00 pm »
Did she pay for the work done?

Offline zacapa

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »
Can we rename this thread "Rosie G has got issues"?

Offline eberhard

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 08:47:57 pm »
Did she pay for the work done?

Cash or kind?
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7