Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Spur Warmbaths  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Grootseun

Spur Warmbaths
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:52:05 pm »
Spur in warmbaths is really well suited for a stop when on a ride.
Buffet breakfast = R40 (Sunday)
BIG Glass of Coke with lotse ice R7.50 (aids in dust and grit removal in main inlet of humans)

Total R47.50 excl tip

Our waitress was very efficient and friendly.

The serve buffet lunch after breakfast (who would have thought)
Dunnow price but it sure looke yummy.

They are happy to serve 2 wheelers and are all very friendly.

Offline Vinnige Fanie

Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:39:00 pm »
Always good to know, but does anyone know how to get to warmbats on a dirt road..... could be a nice ride with loads of fun

Offline Leo

Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:35 pm »
Not possible to go on dirt all the way, but can get pretty close.

Follow the roads from the Wallmansthal area, travelling north - north west, past Pienaarsrivier and eventually Bela Bela.

Can aslo stay east of N1 past that well known 4X4 place, can't remember now - ask me in the morning, something with a W me thinks  :oops: Rust de Winter  :D  there we go!

Anyhow from there work your way towards Bela Bela.

Best motto is........if you see a dirt track follow it and keep in the general direction  :roll:
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

shark_za

Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:14 pm »
You can also ride past the groot klip, along the way we went to the crater trip, going straight at that furtherest point, and then a few zig zags when you get close to Mabalingwe.

Offline Grootseun

Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:58:55 am »
Shark.. we did that route when i went on the Lyndhurst brekkie last year. Where we turned right at the furthes point like you said on the crater, carry on straight...its a looong stretch eventually hook up with tar to warmbaths for the last 50km's or so... its a nice ride....when we did it there was some really fast sections with sandy patches to keep you awake...we should maybe look at doing it sometime when i have a bike.

Offline Grootseun

Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 07:01:51 am »
from bela bela you can travel dirt towards thabazimbi (blouvark??) there's aparently a nice fairly technica bit on a mountainpass if i remember correctly.. i think camojo and the dude from lyndhurst (not mikethebike) did that one...my memory is a bit like a swiss cheese sometimes...

Offline GIDEON

• Born in the year of the Tiger
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Bikes est dans mon sang
Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 07:57:27 am »
Or  :D  What about going all the way to Dullstroom then Up to Soekmekaar band then the Bala Bala  :lol:  :lol:

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.

Offline BlouVark

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
Spur Warmbaths
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 04:33:23 pm »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
from bela bela you can travel dirt towards thabazimbi (blouvark??) there's aparently a nice fairly technica bit on a mountainpass if i remember correctly.. i think camojo and the dude from lyndhurst (not mikethebike) did that one...my memory is a bit like a swiss cheese sometimes...

Oh yes, very nice roads with some nice deep sand in sections(especially on the sides) GS, I think you're refering to Rankins Pass.
Bela-Bela to Thabazimbi to Vaalwater, all dirt.
You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.