Rectus quick connects - Welsh might have some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masehare

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi Guys, I replaced the two main fuel quick connects with Rectus couplers about 6 months ago, but didn't do the balance quick connect as it still looked fine. So a couple of days ago I noticed the balance quick connect was leaking and upon inspection it sommer broke (pissing petrol all over me and the garage floor :) ). Hydron doesn't stock an angled quick connect, so:

Question 1: I'm planning to extend the replacement balance fuel pipe so I can fit a straight coupler. Any glaring issues I might have? Any other suggestions?
Question 2: The other two couplers that were replaced fit fine the day I installed them, but now they won't connect again. If I pull the brass ring back on the female end and push the mechanism on the inside it clicks into place, but it won't work when I try to insert the male end of the coupler. I'm thinking the male connector is too short maybe? Anybody seen this before?

Cheers
Christo