A Booster for a Harley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Wessel drives a 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra Limited. He recently fitted imported pipes and was worried about the accompanying lean mixtures. Harleys run lean in stock form and an extra exhaust worsens the matter, so he wanted to fit a BoosterPlug to compensate. I took the Ultra Ltd for a ride before installation. It was a pleasant ride, but the throttle felt like an "old man's bike". OK, so you want power? I will give it to you, said the throttle, but don't expect fireworks. It provided lackluster acceleration. We fitted a set of 1000 lumen spots, and in the process installed a BoosterPlug, which was a 5-minute job: easy - plug 'n play, and proceeded with the spots - almost forgetting about the BoosterPlug. I took the bike for a ride afterwards and could not believe what I felt. It was as if the Ultra had undergone a transformation. Now suddenly there is power! Nothing of the "wait, let me decide", but rather "here it is, instantaneously, right now, hard on!" It was transformed from an old man's bike to a go-getter! When it hits 3000rpm, there is a 2nd stage of urge, and you can feel it. What is nice about it, is that 3000rpm is the revs at 130km/h. so if you are cruising in 6th and need extra power it is right there. For the rest of the weekend, I had a smile on my face when thinking back about how nice the ultra was going. Wessel is equally impressed - he will have to get used to his bike's new urge, he says. I could not believe that a small thing would transform the character of his 103 cubic inch Harley from an old fart to a get-up and go machine!

Attachments

• WesselHarley.JPG
    WesselHarley.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 312
  • BoosterPlugHDUltra.JPG
    BoosterPlugHDUltra.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 298