KTM Cape Town rant!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hi all,

Bought a KTM 690 Enduro in 2017 and finally got it run in. I am not a frequent rider even though I have been riding since I was 13. I called KTM Cape Town on Feb 25 to book a service. They said next slot is March 27, more than a month to get a service! What could I do.. they warned if you go over 1500ks then warranty is void. Have to have first run in service... no choice but to wait... I took the bike the day before in the afternoon so there would be no delays. Now... it's been there almost 3 days and they haven't started...

The KTM is a great bike. I can even say that I do love it BUT I miss my old Honda. I like that it was easy. And reliable... maybe best to sell this KTM because I don't have the time or patience to deal with the only dealer in CT... so disappointed...  when I took it they promised to have it comleted in time, today I left so many messages and then when I finally got through the guy promised he would call to confirm when it will be ready.... I don't want a bike when I can't trust the dealer!

Now theres a new Africa Twin.. will anyone trade in the KTM?

aL